Re: [pcgen] Re: New to PCGen, which Output sheet to use?

  • Ludovic Fierville
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 1, 2006
      Since the "original sheet code and design " is from Barak (as stated
      in the picture) it would certainly be good to hear what he has to say
      :)

      2006/12/1, astrocat01 <astrocat@...>:
      > Here is a preview of Art's sheet:
      >
      > http://www.users.qwest.net/~aturban/eTools/Preview.html
      >
      > I am trying to edit the current sheet to look something like Art's
      > but it's tough. I got a few simple things going, like bigger fonts
      > here and there and moving some minor text around.
      >
      > Any help would be great, or if someone has a custom one they
      > recommend.
      >
      > Thanks for the help!

      <snip>
      --
      ~ Tengoku de omachisi te imasu ~
    • David M. Bebber
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 1, 2006
        On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 07:38:27 -0600, astrocat01 <astrocat@...>
        wrote:

        > Here is a preview of Art's sheet:
        >
        > http://www.users.qwest.net/~aturban/eTools/Preview.html
        >
        > I am trying to edit the current sheet to look something like Art's
        > but it's tough. I got a few simple things going, like bigger fonts
        > here and there and moving some minor text around.
        >
        > Any help would be great, or if someone has a custom one they
        > recommend.
        >
        > Thanks for the help!

        Egads.... I feel sorry for this character.

        She:
        - currently taking a 10% hit on Experience due to level differences
        - Has a -2 on most Rogueish skills due to the Chain Shirt
        - fails to cast Wizardly spells 1/4 of the time due to ASF on the Chain
        Shirt and Sheild
        - cannot use any Druidic abilities Due to the Metal armor and Weapons she
        caries.
        - has a +8 BAB which is horrible for a 13th Lv Fighter or Barbarian
        - is limited to 1st and 2nd Lv Spells, which is Horrible for a 13th Lv
        Cleric, Wizard, or Druid
        - tried to be a Jack(ie) of all trades and Mastered None.

        No offence intended :)
      • Kent P
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 1, 2006
          On 12/1/06, David M. Bebber wrote
          > Egads.... I feel sorry for this character.

          > No offence intended :)

          The notes actually say that the character is a deliberate mess, to
          illustrate some of the sheet's capabilities.

          Kent
        • Bradley Bristow-Stagg
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 12, 2006
            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "astrocat01" <astrocat@...> wrote:

            > Here is a preview of Art's sheet:
            >
            > http://www.users.qwest.net/~aturban/eTools/Preview.html
            >
            > I am trying to edit the current sheet to look something like Art's
            > but it's tough. I got a few simple things going, like bigger fonts
            > here and there and moving some minor text around.

            I am actually converting this sheet, (with some small success I might
            add) as well and am stuck on the DFOR
            I'm using for the Equipment List. The problem being, how does one
            enclose an OIF statment inside the DFOR
            E.G.:
            |DFOR.0,(COUNT[EQUIPMENT]+1)/2,1,COUNT[EQUIPMENT], (COUNT[EQUIPMENT]+1)/2,
            class="v7">\EQ.%.NAME.MAGIC\</td>
            class="v7">\EQ.%.COST\</td>
            class="v7">\EQ.%.QTY\</td>
            border-right: 1px solid black" class="v7">\EQ.%.WT\</td>

            This of course has to be all on the one line else it doesn't seem to
            work. The OIF is so that every even row is highlighted to make
            reading slightly easier as per the original.

            Alternately I'd use a FOR loop as below:
            |FOR,%eq,0,((COUNT[EQUIPMENT])/2)-1,1,0|
            |OIF(EVEN:%eq,<tr bgcolor="#DDDDDD">,<tr bgcolor="white">)|
            class="v7">|EQ.%eq.NAME.MAGIC|</td>
            class="v7">|EQ.%eq.COST|</td>
            class="v7">|EQ.%eq.QTY|</td>
            border-right: 1px solid black" class="v7">|EQ.%eq.WT|</td>

            class="v7">|EQ.((%eq+7).INTVAL).NAME.MAGIC|</td>
            class="v7">|EQ.((%eq+7).INTVAL).COST|</td>
            class="v7">|EQ.((%eq+7).INTVAL).QTY|</td>
            border-right: 1px solid black" class="v7">|EQ.((%eq+7).INTVAL).WT|</td>
            </TR>
            |ENDFOR|

            But this requires that we can establish %eq+(COUNT[EQUIPMENT]/2) in
            order to work. (I've fudged this for my working character hence the +7)

            Also how does one test if TOTAL.WEIGHT is > WEIGHT.LIGHT/MEDIUM/HEAVY ??

            Suggestions?