[BUG] Substitution Level chooser pop-up on Load Character.

  • Tir Gwaith
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 19, 2006
      Version 5.11.0 (what I'm using for my campaign maint, currently).
      Since this isn't the current Dev, I don't know if this has been fixed.

      When loading a character with a Substitution level two things happen,
      that are related.

      1) When selecting the PCG (just clicking on it), it throws a popup
      twice to select substitution level or not.

      2) When actually loading the character, it displays the Substitution
      pop-up 3 more times, and if unselected (hit the X on the top right),
      the Substitution level is replaced with a normal level.

      I didn't investigate too deeply, as I need the character for today's
      game. I dumped the char after seeing the normal class (without
      substitution bit showing) on Preview screen, and reloaded, being sure
      to select the Substitution level each time.

      #2 may actually be desired behavior since it is hard to undo that
      choice. I know #1 has to be wrong....

      If a character has more than one substitution level, I can see that
      becoming a total pain.

      PCGen LST Chimp
    • thpr
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 2, 2006
        Do we have any test monkeys that can validate this still appears in
        the current build?... then this should be trackered if it does...

        > Version 5.11.0 (what I'm using for my campaign maint, currently).
        > Since this isn't the current Dev, I don't know if this has been fixed.
        >
        > When loading a character with a Substitution level two things happen,
        > that are related.
        >
        > 1) When selecting the PCG (just clicking on it), it throws a popup
        > twice to select substitution level or not.
        >
        > 2) When actually loading the character, it displays the Substitution
        > pop-up 3 more times, and if unselected (hit the X on the top right),
        > the Substitution level is replaced with a normal level.
        >
        > I didn't investigate too deeply, as I need the character for today's
        > game. I dumped the char after seeing the normal class (without
        > substitution bit showing) on Preview screen, and reloaded, being sure
        > to select the Substitution level each time.
        >
        > #2 may actually be desired behavior since it is hard to undo that
        > choice. I know #1 has to be wrong....
        >
        > If a character has more than one substitution level, I can see that
        > becoming a total pain.
        >
        > --
        > Tir Gwaith
        > PCGen LST Chimp

      • karianna03
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 5, 2006
          Tir,

          Can you send me your PCG file? I'll have a look

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "thpr" <thpr@...> wrote:

          > Do we have any test monkeys that can validate this still appears in
          > the current build?... then this should be trackered if it does...
          >
          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <Tir.Gwaith@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Version 5.11.0 (what I'm using for my campaign maint, currently).
          > > Since this isn't the current Dev, I don't know if this has been fixed.
          > >
          > > When loading a character with a Substitution level two things happen,
          > > that are related.
          > >
          > > 1) When selecting the PCG (just clicking on it), it throws a popup
          > > twice to select substitution level or not.
          > >
          > > 2) When actually loading the character, it displays the Substitution
          > > pop-up 3 more times, and if unselected (hit the X on the top right),
          > > the Substitution level is replaced with a normal level.
          > >
          > > I didn't investigate too deeply, as I need the character for today's
          > > game. I dumped the char after seeing the normal class (without
          > > substitution bit showing) on Preview screen, and reloaded, being sure
          > > to select the Substitution level each time.
          > >
          > > #2 may actually be desired behavior since it is hard to undo that
          > > choice. I know #1 has to be wrong....
          > >
          > > If a character has more than one substitution level, I can see that
          > > becoming a total pain.
          > >
          > > --
          > > Tir Gwaith
          > > PCGen LST Chimp

        • Tir Gwaith
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 5, 2006
            On 12/5/06, karianna03 <martijnverburg@...> wrote:
            > Tir,
            >
            > Can you send me your PCG file? I'll have a look

            It has Closed content (Half-Elf Fighter substitution level from Races
            of the Wild).

            I'll make a test case LST file and PCG.

            PCGen LST Chimp
          • Tir Gwaith
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 17, 2007
              This is really late, but...

              Uploaded in Files > 'Need Help With' > List Files, substitutionclasstest.zip.

              Create a fighter, choose the test sub class. Save.

              Try selecting, loading, etc.
              Saving character that has already been saved also shows issue.
              Exagerated when you link a JPG image to the PCG.

              Comments are also in the class.lst file on stuff I came across durring testing.

              PCGen LST Chimp
            • Tom Parker
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 21 3:21 PM
                Did this ever get officially BUGged or resolved in some other fashion?

                > This is really late, but...
                >
                > Uploaded in Files > 'Need Help With' > List Files,
                substitutionclasstest.zip.

                > Create a fighter, choose the test sub class. Save.
                >
                > Try selecting, loading, etc.
                > Saving character that has already been saved also shows issue.
                > Exagerated when you link a JPG image to the PCG.
                >
                > Comments are also in the class.lst file on stuff I came across
                durring testing.

                > --
                > Tir Gwaith
                > PCGen LST Chimp

              • Tir Gwaith
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 21 3:32 PM
                  On 3/21/07, Tom Parker <thpr@...> wrote:
                  > Did this ever get officially BUGged or resolved in some other fashion?

                  Yeah, Zaister fixed this. I think it was Bugged and closed.

                  There is still some delay when selecting PCGs, because PCGen is
                  parsing it and then tossing it all.... Only thing I think it looks
                  for at that point is reference to a character portrait.

                  PCGen LST Chimp
                • Stefan Radermacher
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 22 5:21 AM
                    Tom Parker wrote:

                    > Did this ever get officially BUGged or resolved in some other fashion?

                    This is fixed.

                    Stefan.