Re: [pcgen] SUBCLASS PreReq enforcement - Bug?

  • barak@hughes.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 4, 2006
      > If a SUBCLASS is given a PREREQ (try a simple one like PREALIGN:LG),
      > then that PREREQ is ONLY enforced when the first level is taken.

      Depends... is this on a SUBCLASS line or a SUBCLASSLEVEL line?

      If the former, that's a bug as it should be enforced at all levels.
      If it's the latter, it should only be for that level (just as it is fro
      regular CLASS and level lines)

      Barak
    • thpr
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 4, 2006
        It is on a SUBCLASS line... therefore it seems it's a bug... might as
        well tracker it myself... though the tracker monkeys might turn me
        into a lemur over there if I'm not careful.

        1590684 SUBCLASS PREREQs not enforced after level 1

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "barak@..." <barak@...> wrote:

        > > If a SUBCLASS is given a PREREQ (try a simple one like PREALIGN:LG),
        > > then that PREREQ is ONLY enforced when the first level is taken.
        >
        > Depends... is this on a SUBCLASS line or a SUBCLASSLEVEL line?
        >
        > If the former, that's a bug as it should be enforced at all levels.
        > If it's the latter, it should only be for that level (just as it is fro
        > regular CLASS and level lines)
        >
        > Barak

      • thpr
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 5, 2006
          Tir,

          Thanks for the info on SUBCLASS PreReqs - In relation to:

          > PRERACETYPE. The whole PRERACE stuff is a bit wonky. I think I need
          > to move it to the top of my overfilled plate. Those tags don't work
          > like other PRExxx tags, and need to be fixed for consistancy of
          > method.

          Is there anything I can do to help on this? After further
          investigation, it looks like the intent was to deprecate PRERACETYPE
          and force it to be done in other tags (PRERACE + ???)... is that correct?

          PRERACE by itself isn't sufficient because it doesn't test the templates.

          The more I can do to clean up PCClass (while I'm there) the better, so
          let me know.

          TP.
        • karianna03
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 6, 2006
            Don't worry Tom, we'll clean up any mess you leave in there ;p, I see
            you've got the hang of setting the various fields correctly so we'll
            hold off on that Lemur transformation for now.... :-)

            Karianna