SUBCLASS PreReq enforcement - Bug?

  • thpr
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 4, 2006
      If a SUBCLASS is given a PREREQ (try a simple one like PREALIGN:LG),
      then that PREREQ is ONLY enforced when the first level is taken.

      This is inconsistent behavior with the PRERACETYPE tag in PCCLASS,
      which will deny further raises in a Class if the Race Type
      prerequisite is no longer met.

      Can I get clarification from some of the experts in Tags and rule intent?

      If a bug, please Tracker to Rev 6.0, as this goes along with 855595
      and will take some serious restructuring to fix.
    • Tir Gwaith
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 4, 2006
        On 11/4/06, thpr <thpr@...> wrote:
        > If a SUBCLASS is given a PREREQ (try a simple one like PREALIGN:LG),
        > then that PREREQ is ONLY enforced when the first level is taken.

        It should be enforced at every level. The proposal for PRExxx on
        Class level lines/Subclass level lines wasn't really descided on, and
        would be different than a tag on a SUBCLASS line.

        > This is inconsistent behavior with the PRERACETYPE tag in PCCLASS,
        > which will deny further raises in a Class if the Race Type
        > prerequisite is no longer met.

        PRERACETYPE. The whole PRERACE stuff is a bit wonky. I think I need
        to move it to the top of my overfilled plate. Those tags don't work
        like other PRExxx tags, and need to be fixed for consistancy of
        method.

        > Can I get clarification from some of the experts in Tags and rule intent?

        Did I cover it enough?

        PCGen LST Chimp
      • barak@hughes.net
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 4, 2006
          > If a SUBCLASS is given a PREREQ (try a simple one like PREALIGN:LG),
          > then that PREREQ is ONLY enforced when the first level is taken.

          Depends... is this on a SUBCLASS line or a SUBCLASSLEVEL line?

          If the former, that's a bug as it should be enforced at all levels.
          If it's the latter, it should only be for that level (just as it is fro
          regular CLASS and level lines)

          Barak
        • thpr
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 4, 2006
            It is on a SUBCLASS line... therefore it seems it's a bug... might as
            well tracker it myself... though the tracker monkeys might turn me
            into a lemur over there if I'm not careful.

            1590684 SUBCLASS PREREQs not enforced after level 1

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "barak@..." <barak@...> wrote:

            > > If a SUBCLASS is given a PREREQ (try a simple one like PREALIGN:LG),
            > > then that PREREQ is ONLY enforced when the first level is taken.
            >
            > Depends... is this on a SUBCLASS line or a SUBCLASSLEVEL line?
            >
            > If the former, that's a bug as it should be enforced at all levels.
            > If it's the latter, it should only be for that level (just as it is fro
            > regular CLASS and level lines)
            >
            > Barak

          • thpr
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 5, 2006
              Tir,

              Thanks for the info on SUBCLASS PreReqs - In relation to:

              > PRERACETYPE. The whole PRERACE stuff is a bit wonky. I think I need
              > to move it to the top of my overfilled plate. Those tags don't work
              > like other PRExxx tags, and need to be fixed for consistancy of
              > method.

              Is there anything I can do to help on this? After further
              investigation, it looks like the intent was to deprecate PRERACETYPE
              and force it to be done in other tags (PRERACE + ???)... is that correct?

              PRERACE by itself isn't sufficient because it doesn't test the templates.

              The more I can do to clean up PCClass (while I'm there) the better, so
              let me know.

              TP.
            • karianna03
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 6, 2006
                Don't worry Tom, we'll clean up any mess you leave in there ;p, I see
                you've got the hang of setting the various fields correctly so we'll
                hold off on that Lemur transformation for now.... :-)

                Karianna