Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: OS team

Expand Messages
  • Chuck Pint
    Nope, not wrong at all. That is exactly what I meant. The question of how the flow of base.xml to the xslt file to PDF, has kept coming up over and over...
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 2, 2006
    • 0 Attachment
      Nope, not wrong at all. That is exactly what I meant. The question of
      how the flow of base.xml to the xslt file to PDF, has kept coming up
      over and over...

      Chuck

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Steven Gilroy <sgilroy2@...> wrote:
      >
      > I could be wrong here, but I think he meant XSLT/FO as it pertains to
      > PCGen Output sheets. Someone familiar with standard XSLT/FO may still
      > be completely lost trying to create an Output sheet for PCGen.
      >
      > Barak wrote:
      > >
      > > > -----Original Message-----
      > > > Also needed would be a tutorial for writing an OS.
      > >
      > > What happened to the one I wrote a couple of years ago? It used to
      be in
      > > the docs...
      > >
      > > > Especially in XSLT/FO.
      > >
      > > And here I disagree. There are lots of tutorials at the W3C
      website that
      > > cover these two topics... I think it's completely beyond *our* scope
      > > to try
      > > and teach anyone XML/XSLT/XSL-FO. They are large subjects, and
      somewhat
      > > complex and why reinvent the wheel?
      > >
      > > We should stick with making sure our docs on token use are correct
      and
      > > up to
      > > date and show how the *tokens* are used and maybe point to
      locations for
      > > learning XML/XSLT/XSL-FO.
      > >
      > > Just my .02
      > >
      > > Barak
      > >
      > >
      >
      > --
      >
      > Steven Gilroy
      > http://www.ourcrazyjunk.com
      > "In a world without fences, who needs GATES?"
      >
    • Terry FitzSimons
      I m just wondering if it would be best to write a series of tutorials on the various areas of the OS? One as a overview of the whole process, pointing out the
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 23, 2006
      • 0 Attachment
        I'm just wondering if it would be best to write a series of tutorials on
        the various areas of the OS?

        One as a overview of the whole process, pointing out the web lesson pages.
        Then One on how to do the header section, place the attributes and skills
        section all over the page, then a section on the various weapons blocks?

        Terry

        On Thu, 2 Nov 2006 20:14:07 -0500, "Barak" <barak@...> wrote:

        >> -----Original Message-----
        >

        >Heh... The weapon blocks are the nastiest, ugliest part of the OS... I had
        >nightmares while creating them (and am moderately pleased with the way they
        >came out :p).
        >
        >I suppose that means I should write the tutorial about them since I probably
        >understand them best... :/
        >
        >> That first step is often the most important, because if you have taken
        >> it, you gain the confidence to stay at it. So let's try to make that
        >> first step as easy as possible.
        >
        >I'll add another tutorial (for OS this time) to my to-do list. It might be
        >a bit though as Real Life has been getting busier and busier recently.
        >
        >I seem to be becoming a Tutorial Monkey or something. Saints preserve us!
        >:p
        >
        >On a related note, I've just about finished part 1 of the Feat tutorial I
        >committed to a month ago or so (planned to be 3 parts currently, may expand
        >to 4).
        >
        >Barak
      • Nigel Bennington
        I Think that would be a great idea.
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 23, 2006
        • 0 Attachment
          I Think that would be a great idea.

          Terry FitzSimons wrote:
          >
          > I'm just wondering if it would be best to write a series of tutorials on
          > the various areas of the OS?
          >
          > One as a overview of the whole process, pointing out the web lesson pages.
          > Then One on how to do the header section, place the attributes and skills
          > section all over the page, then a section on the various weapons blocks?
          >
          > Terry
          >
          > On Thu, 2 Nov 2006 20:14:07 -0500, "Barak" <barak@...
          > <mailto:barak%40hughes.net>> wrote:
          >
          > >> -----Original Message-----
          > >
          >
          > >Heh... The weapon blocks are the nastiest, ugliest part of the OS...
          > I had
          > >nightmares while creating them (and am moderately pleased with the
          > way they
          > >came out :p).
          > >
          > >I suppose that means I should write the tutorial about them since I
          > probably
          > >understand them best... :/
          > >
          > >> That first step is often the most important, because if you have taken
          > >> it, you gain the confidence to stay at it. So let's try to make that
          > >> first step as easy as possible.
          > >
          > >I'll add another tutorial (for OS this time) to my to-do list. It
          > might be
          > >a bit though as Real Life has been getting busier and busier recently.
          > >
          > >I seem to be becoming a Tutorial Monkey or something. Saints preserve us!
          > >:p
          > >
          > >On a related note, I've just about finished part 1 of the Feat tutorial I
          > >committed to a month ago or so (planned to be 3 parts currently, may
          > expand
          > >to 4).
          > >
          > >Barak
          >
          >
        • karianna03
          Absolutely, the OS tutorial docs would be a massive benefit to the team and community, I m pretty sure we ve got a OS FREQ sitting there for it :-) K ...
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 24, 2006
          • 0 Attachment
            Absolutely, the OS tutorial docs would be a massive benefit to the
            team and community, I'm pretty sure we've got a OS FREQ sitting there
            for it :-)

            K

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Terry FitzSimons <fitzsimons@...> wrote:
            >
            > I'm just wondering if it would be best to write a series of tutorials on
            > the various areas of the OS?
            >
            > One as a overview of the whole process, pointing out the web lesson
            pages.
            > Then One on how to do the header section, place the attributes and
            skills
            > section all over the page, then a section on the various weapons blocks?
            >
            > Terry
            >
            > On Thu, 2 Nov 2006 20:14:07 -0500, "Barak" <barak@...> wrote:
            >
            > >> -----Original Message-----
            > >
            >
            > >Heh... The weapon blocks are the nastiest, ugliest part of the
            OS... I had
            > >nightmares while creating them (and am moderately pleased with the
            way they
            > >came out :p).
            > >
            > >I suppose that means I should write the tutorial about them since I
            probably
            > >understand them best... :/
            > >
            > >> That first step is often the most important, because if you have
            taken
            > >> it, you gain the confidence to stay at it. So let's try to make that
            > >> first step as easy as possible.
            > >
            > >I'll add another tutorial (for OS this time) to my to-do list. It
            might be
            > >a bit though as Real Life has been getting busier and busier recently.
            > >
            > >I seem to be becoming a Tutorial Monkey or something. Saints
            preserve us!
            > >:p
            > >
            > >On a related note, I've just about finished part 1 of the Feat
            tutorial I
            > >committed to a month ago or so (planned to be 3 parts currently,
            may expand
            > >to 4).
            > >
            > >Barak
            >
          • MikeD (2)
            Hello karianna03, Friday, November 24, 2006, 6:37:58 AM, you wrote: k Absolutely, the OS tutorial docs would be a massive benefit to the k team and
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 24, 2006
            • 0 Attachment
              Hello karianna03,

              Friday, November 24, 2006, 6:37:58 AM, you wrote:

              k> Absolutely, the OS tutorial docs would be a massive benefit to the
              k> team and community, I'm pretty sure we've got a OS FREQ sitting there
              k> for it :-)

              k> K

              k> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Terry FitzSimons <fitzsimons@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> I'm just wondering if it would be best to write a series of tutorials on
              >> the various areas of the OS?

              >> One as a overview of the whole process, pointing out the web lesson
              >> pages. Then One on how to do the header section, place the
              >> attributes and skills section all over the page, then a section on
              >> the various weapons blocks?

              I would be willing to help with this, but I am lousy at the whole
              'staring at the blank page' part. I would be glad to help with
              editing and the like, however. Just let me know.

              --
              Best regards,
              MikeD mailto:miked@...
            • karianna03
              ... Brilliant! Right, I ve flagged the attention of Frank for this, we re in definite need of new Doc Monkeys and there are plenty of Edit tasks (for
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 27, 2006
              • 0 Attachment
                > I would be willing to help with this, but I am lousy at the whole
                > 'staring at the blank page' part. I would be glad to help with
                > editing and the like, however. Just let me know.

                Brilliant! Right, I've flagged the attention of Frank for this, we're
                in definite need of new Doc Monkeys and there are plenty of 'Edit'
                tasks (for instance our FAQ is out of date, not too mention our
                walkthrough etc).

                Frank will get hold of you and get you started, in the mean time
                you'll need to get yourself sourceforge id and email that too me so I
                can add you to the project.

                Welcome aboard!

                Karianna
              Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.