Re: [pcgen] Taking the heat for IP in pcg files

  • Kent P
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 28, 2006
      If some company sells a non OGL product that contains a "Liberty
      Bodice" or "Mirror Shades", then I guess you can't include it in a
      data file. Best to make a note to go with it that it requires a
      particular data set. Or throw it into the "++" category without a data
      set and let the user figure it out for themselves from the header
      which sets they need.

      It can be generated using the existing data sets called for, then it
      should be fine to include in a pcg calling for that package. If it
      needs a named item that belongs to a company, then it isn't going to
      load unless the user has data sets for that company. You can't make
      "Melf's acid arrow" in a custom data set and include that with an OGL
      character. You'd need to call it a 3.x core. If you want to equip the
      character with "Axel's Marvelous arrow of Acid spray" and include a
      data set that has that, I'm fine with it. If a company writes to
      complain, I'll pull it.

      Kent