Re: [pcgen] Taking the heat for IP in pcg files

  • Axel
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 28, 2006
      What defines IP?

      For example, would a 'Liberty Bodice of Concentration (+10)' be allowed?
      or 'Mirror Shades of Spellcraft (+10)'

      If we build standard magic items using the Custom Item creator, is that ok?

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 28, 2006
        If some company sells a non OGL product that contains a "Liberty
        Bodice" or "Mirror Shades", then I guess you can't include it in a
        data file. Best to make a note to go with it that it requires a
        particular data set. Or throw it into the "++" category without a data
        set and let the user figure it out for themselves from the header
        which sets they need.

        It can be generated using the existing data sets called for, then it
        should be fine to include in a pcg calling for that package. If it
        needs a named item that belongs to a company, then it isn't going to
        load unless the user has data sets for that company. You can't make
        "Melf's acid arrow" in a custom data set and include that with an OGL
        character. You'd need to call it a 3.x core. If you want to equip the
        character with "Axel's Marvelous arrow of Acid spray" and include a
        data set that has that, I'm fine with it. If a company writes to
        complain, I'll pull it.

        Kent