Feat: Sword-Fu (BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT question)

  • Barbarian
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 27, 2006
      Hello,

      I'm creating data files for Munchkin d20 by Steve Jackson
      Games. Most everything so far has been surprisingly easy; mostly
      just tweaking the data here and there plus a few changes to reflect
      the looser rules of a Munchkin game. Of course there have been
      stumbling blocks here and there.

      One of these has been the Feat Sword-Fu. Sword-Fu is pretty
      straightforward: you get a +4 to hit with any sword. Here is how I'm
      defining the feat in PC Gen:

      Sword-Fu TYPE:General.Warrior PREFEAT:1,Power
      Attack DESC:You're one cool dude with a
      sword MULT:NO BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT.SWORD|4 SOURCEPAGE:Munchkin d20

      (Note that I replaced the tabs with 5-spaces so it will display
      correctly on all browsers / email applications.)

      As I read BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT, I should be able to use any defined
      weapon type. I've searched documentation, both on-line and off, any
      I can't find any thing to contradict this anywhere yet no matter what
      I do, PC Gen will not add the bonus.

      Any suggestions?

      --
      Barbarian - Founder of the Barbarian Illuminati -- barbarian@...
      Wouldn't you rather be playing Steve Jackson Games right now?