[pcgen] RE: Specifics for Militant Outsiders (Possibly more Types as well.)

  • David M. Bebber
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 24, 2006
      Specifics for the "House Rule" are as follows. If the Type Description
      states the Monster is either proficient in a Specific weapon or armor, or
      a general class of weapons or armor, then all monsters of that Type are
      proficient. ie.

      Giant Type:
      Proficient with all simple and martial weapons, as well as any natural
      weapons.
      Outsider Type:
      Proficient with all simple and martial weapons and any weapons
      mentioned in its entry.

      By contrast, If the Type Description states the Monster is proficient in a
      general way, then only the specific monster has the proficiency. ie.

      Monstrous Humanoid Type:
      Proficient with all simple weapons and any weapons mentioned in its
      entry. Proficient with whatever type of armor (light, medium, or heavy) it
      is described as wearing, as well as all lighter types. Monstrous humanoids
      not indicated as wearing armor are not proficient with armor. Monstrous
      humanoids are proficient with shields if they are proficient with any form
      of armor.