Re: [Data][Bug][.lst][TRACKERED] Incorrect multiplication of the MOVEADD tag

  • frank_kliewe
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 17 10:14 AM
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "just_another_email_to_remember"
      <just_another_email_to_remember@...> wrote:

      > Greetings PCGen Community,
      >
      > Currently, the Haste spell adjusts the characters movement speed by
      > 30. While this is partly correct, the current D20 SRD 3.5 rules also
      > state that a character's speed can not be increased by more than
      > double its normal move rate.
      >
      > BONUS:POSTMOVEADD|TYPE.ALL|30|PREAPPLY:ANYPC|TYPE=ENHANCEMENT
      >
      > Excerpt from "Haste":
      > "All of the hasted creature's modes of movement (including land
      > movement, burrow, climb, fly, and swim) increase by 30 feet, to a
      > maximum of twice the subject's normal speed using that form of
      > movement. This increase counts as an enhancement bonus, and it affects
      > the creature's jumping distance as normal for increased speed."
      >
      > So a "Hasted" character with a movement speed of "20", should only
      > have a movement speed of "40".
      >
      > The current PCGen "Haste" spell needs to be modified to be in
      > accordance with the current ruleset.
      >
      > I would love to submit a fix for this, but my current skill level with
      > PCGen does not allow me to. So, I leave it up to you guys.
      >
      > Wincy

      trackered as a bug: [ 1579133 ] [RSRD] Incorrect multiplication of the
      MOVEADD tag
      https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1579133&group_\
      id=25576&atid=750091
      <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1579133&group\
      _id=25576&atid=750091>

      I think the 30 should be replaced by something like min(MOVEBASE,30),
      but I gotta test if that works as I expect. :)

      Cheerio,

      Frank Kliewe
      PCGen Content Silverback

      --
      Promise me I can have your face when the breath has left your body.
      (Prof. Andreev in "Gorky Park", 1983)