Re: Arrows loaded on Bows

  • frank_kliewe
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 17, 2006
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "cantarellus" <cantarellus@...> wrote:

      > I see that is possible to load arrows on bows, but is it possible to
      > make them modify the damage or the range for the description?
      >
      > I'd need to use an arrow that has a damage a category higher than the
      > normal, but has a 20% reduction in the range.
      > Tryed with different combat bonus etc.
      > But it seems not working.
      > Also since there could be may different type of ammo in the quiver it
      > could be usefull to get all the different variations printed on the
      > sheet for player remind.
      > Any idea if there are some tags to use for this job?
      > Version used 5.11 alfa

      There is currently no nice way to do what you want to do. You could put
      the info you want into a SPROP tag, which is not very convenient and
      also I think that will only appear in the equipment listing and not in
      the weapon block of the bow.

      The only workaround to get the info cleanly in the weapon block would be
      to code different versions of the bow, say Longbow, Longbow with Super
      Arrow, Longbow with Super Duper Arrow, etc. - but I think that is a lot
      of effort for such a little gain.

      Cheerio,

      Frank Kliewe
      PCGen Content Silverback

      --
      Promise me I can have your face when the breath has left your body.
      (Prof. Andreev in "Gorky Park", 1983)