Re: My First Bug Report?

  • merton_monk
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 11, 2006
      K,
      maybe we (or... you, anyway!) should modify the home-page info here
      (for those of you who read the email posts via the web) to indicate
      when the next release will be. Would it also be helpful to provide a
      link to anyone who reports a bug, so they can check on its status as
      well?

      And that sure is some set of leather armor! I tend to be very
      magic-light in my campaigns.... :)

      -Bryan
      Benevolent Dictator of PCGen

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "karianna03" <martijnverburg@...> wrote:

      > Great, I've filed the bug report, on the roadmap for the next release

      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Kileran" <kileran@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Yeah, i guess that's all good info i should have included.
      > >
      > > I'm using PcGen 5.10.1, and i've got 4 different java version's in
      > > my java directory,
      > > j2re1.4.2_03
      > > jdk1.5.0_06
      > > jre1.5.0_03
      > > jre1.5.0_06
      > >
      > > I'm not sure which of those is my java version.
      > >
      > > As far as where i'm seing the bug, it's in the preview tab, when I
      > > export to PDF on any output sheet, it doesn't happen.

    • Kileran
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 11, 2006
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "merton_monk" <merton_monk@...> wrote:

        > K,
        > maybe we (or... you, anyway!) should modify the home-page info here
        > (for those of you who read the email posts via the web) to indicate
        > when the next release will be. Would it also be helpful to provide
        > link to anyone who reports a bug, so they can check on its status
        as
        > well?
        >
        > And that sure is some set of leather armor! I tend to be very
        > magic-light in my campaigns.... :)
        >
        > -Bryan
        > Benevolent Dictator of PCGen

        Bug Status Link = good idea
        next release date = maybe not so good idea?

        While I as a consumer love it when I have a good idea when something
        new is comming out, i know many developers who hate
        having "consumers" or "end users" waiting on baited breath for a
        release that's been dated.

        As for the armor, it's for an NPC who's gonna be guiding the PC's
        for a bit. Plus, I wanted to see just how epic an epic char could
        be, he's a lvl 25 druid :)

        Chao!
      • Kileran
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 11, 2006
          Awesome!

          Given the info i gave you, what would the correct answer to "what
          version of java do you have" have been? It'l save some time on future
          bug reports.

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "karianna03" <martijnverburg@...> wrote:

          > Great, I've filed the bug report, on the roadmap for the next release

        • The Wandering Dru
          • karianna03
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 12, 2006
              Hi all,

              Have added in a link to the roadmap where you can see when the next
              release(s) are and what is going in them (and therefore the status of
              the bugs etc).