Re: My First Bug Report?

  • karianna03
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 11, 2006
      Great, I've filed the bug report, on the roadmap for the next release

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Kileran" <kileran@...> wrote:

      > Yeah, i guess that's all good info i should have included.
      >
      > I'm using PcGen 5.10.1, and i've got 4 different java version's in
      > my java directory,
      > j2re1.4.2_03
      > jdk1.5.0_06
      > jre1.5.0_03
      > jre1.5.0_06
      >
      > I'm not sure which of those is my java version.
      >
      > As far as where i'm seing the bug, it's in the preview tab, when I
      > export to PDF on any output sheet, it doesn't happen.

    • merton_monk
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 11, 2006
        K,
        maybe we (or... you, anyway!) should modify the home-page info here
        (for those of you who read the email posts via the web) to indicate
        when the next release will be. Would it also be helpful to provide a
        link to anyone who reports a bug, so they can check on its status as
        well?

        And that sure is some set of leather armor! I tend to be very
        magic-light in my campaigns.... :)

        -Bryan
        Benevolent Dictator of PCGen

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "karianna03" <martijnverburg@...> wrote:

        > Great, I've filed the bug report, on the roadmap for the next release

        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Kileran" <kileran@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Yeah, i guess that's all good info i should have included.
        > >
        > > I'm using PcGen 5.10.1, and i've got 4 different java version's in
        > > my java directory,
        > > j2re1.4.2_03
        > > jdk1.5.0_06
        > > jre1.5.0_03
        > > jre1.5.0_06
        > >
        > > I'm not sure which of those is my java version.
        > >
        > > As far as where i'm seing the bug, it's in the preview tab, when I
        > > export to PDF on any output sheet, it doesn't happen.

      • Kileran
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 11, 2006
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "merton_monk" <merton_monk@...> wrote:

          > K,
          > maybe we (or... you, anyway!) should modify the home-page info here
          > (for those of you who read the email posts via the web) to indicate
          > when the next release will be. Would it also be helpful to provide
          > link to anyone who reports a bug, so they can check on its status
          as
          > well?
          >
          > And that sure is some set of leather armor! I tend to be very
          > magic-light in my campaigns.... :)
          >
          > -Bryan
          > Benevolent Dictator of PCGen

          Bug Status Link = good idea
          next release date = maybe not so good idea?

          While I as a consumer love it when I have a good idea when something
          new is comming out, i know many developers who hate
          having "consumers" or "end users" waiting on baited breath for a
          release that's been dated.

          As for the armor, it's for an NPC who's gonna be guiding the PC's
          for a bit. Plus, I wanted to see just how epic an epic char could
          be, he's a lvl 25 druid :)

          Chao!
        • Kileran
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 11, 2006
            Awesome!

            Given the info i gave you, what would the correct answer to "what
            version of java do you have" have been? It'l save some time on future
            bug reports.

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "karianna03" <martijnverburg@...> wrote:

            > Great, I've filed the bug report, on the roadmap for the next release

          • The Wandering Dru
            • karianna03
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 12, 2006
                Hi all,

                Have added in a link to the roadmap where you can see when the next
                release(s) are and what is going in them (and therefore the status of
                the bugs etc).