"Package Deals" anyone?

  • piffy62
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 10, 2006
      Hi all.
      I'm starting a new campaign and I was trying to put into practice
      something like "package deals", used in Hero System. In essence, you
      spend a certain amount of skill points, and you abtaing a little more
      of them though in a fixed and linked manner.

      For example, I have a Package deal called "Port labourer" by which you
      get 2 points in User Rope, Swim, Profession(Sailor), Knowledge
      (local), Survival (Natural Hazards) for 7 points.

      I don't know how to implement this in PCGEn. If I make it a template,
      I only get skill bonus, not real skill ranks. If I make it a Starting
      kit, I would get a waring that I won't be able to buy all the skills.

      In both cases, I'll have to tweak skill points manually.

      Any suggestions?

      Ciao, Marcello
    • boomer70
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 10, 2006
        --- piffy62 <piffy@...> wrote:

        > Hi all.
        > I'm starting a new campaign and I was trying to put
        > into practice
        > something like "package deals", used in Hero System.
        > In essence, you
        > spend a certain amount of skill points, and you
        > abtaing a little more
        > of them though in a fixed and linked manner.
        >
        > For example, I have a Package deal called "Port
        > labourer" by which you
        > get 2 points in User Rope, Swim, Profession(Sailor),
        > Knowledge
        > (local), Survival (Natural Hazards) for 7 points.
        >
        > I don't know how to implement this in PCGEn. If I
        > make it a template,
        > I only get skill bonus, not real skill ranks. If I
        > make it a Starting
        > kit, I would get a waring that I won't be able to
        > buy all the skills.
        >
        > In both cases, I'll have to tweak skill points
        > manually.
        >
        > Any suggestions?

        If you use a kit you can set certain of the skills
        granted as Free (they won't cost points).

        -Aaron

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Axel
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 10, 2006
          Or you could maybe do it with a feat?

          That is how I did it but only for 1st level new starts

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 12, 2006
            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, boomer70 <boomer70@...> wrote:

            > --- piffy62 <piffy@...> wrote:
            >

            > If you use a kit you can set certain of the skills
            > granted as Free (they won't cost points).
            >
            > -Aaron

            Didn't know that. Could you send me a file with an example of it?
            Thankx!