Linux application?

  • Michael Hopcroft
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 9, 2006
      I am contemplating an OS change and am wondering whether PCGen has a
      version that will work with Ubuntu LInux or similar flavors of Debian.

      Michael Hopcroft
    • Kevin Brown
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 9, 2006
        > I am contemplating an OS change and am wondering whether PCGen has a
        > version that will work with Ubuntu LInux or similar flavors of Debian.

        It is a Java app that works anywhere the JRE runs which includes quite a
        few different distributions for Linux.
      • Tod W. Milam
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 10, 2006
          It works fine with Ubuntu, but you will need to install Sun's JRE. I
          think EasyUbuntu has this as one of the install options so you might
          look into that after you get Ubuntu installed.
          http://easyubuntu.freecontrib.org/

          Tod

          --- Michael Hopcroft <michael@...> wrote:

          > I am contemplating an OS change and am wondering whether PCGen has a
          > version that will work with Ubuntu LInux or similar flavors of
          > Debian.
          >
          > Michael Hopcroft

          > PCGen's Online Docs:

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Manole Calamari
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 10, 2006
            I've been using it on various flavors of Linux for years now (i.e. Red
            7.X, Centos 3.X and Fedora ). My recomendation is to install the Sun
            version of the jre as it seems run pcgen the best. The latest 1.5 Linux
            version is what I am currently using. I've almost gotten to the point
            of rolling an rpm for pcgen since I horse my OS around so much.

            --
            /manole

          • Darin McBride
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 10, 2006
              On Tuesday 10 October 2006 08:08, Tod W. Milam wrote:
              > It works fine with Ubuntu, but you will need to install Sun's JRE. I
              > think EasyUbuntu has this as one of the install options so you might
              > look into that after you get Ubuntu installed.
              > http://easyubuntu.freecontrib.org/

              I find that PCGen works fine with IBM's JRE, too. I've used IBM's JRE on both
              RHEL3 and Gentoo with PCGen with no significant problems.