Re: Intermittant loss of known spells for a wizard.

  • karianna03
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 2, 2006
      Does this occur for you in 5.10.1? Several Spell realted issues were
      fixed in that release.....

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "tantaslir" <piers@...> wrote:

      > We have had the same issue, with 5.10.0
      >
      > I think I can narrow it down a little more. It isn't just when you
      > remove a spell from the prepared list but when you remove it by
      > doubleclicking it. If you use the Remove button, all works as it
      > should. My GM also observed that a Druid lost spells the same way.
      >
      > Tantaslir
      >

      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Dowd" <ding50@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Greetings everyone. First off, I just want to thank all the folks who
      > > work on PCGen for a great job.
      > >
      > > I've been having an intermittant problem for a few weeks now, and I
      > > can't consistently reproduce it, so I've been reluctant to post about
      > > it, but it keeps happening and I think I can almost regularly
      > > reproduce it now.
      > >
      > > Set up a wizard, give him some known spells, and open a second
      > > character at the same time (the type of second character is
      > unimportant).
      > > Add spells to the wizard's prepared list.
      > > Remove a spell from the wizard's prepared list.
      > > Switch to the second character, and click a few tabs.
      > > Switch back to the wizard, and look at the list of known spells. The
      > > one you removed should be gone from the known list.
      > >
      > > Has anyone else run into this problem?
      > >
      > > Thanks in advance.
      > > Jason

    • Jason Dowd
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 2, 2006
        Yep, this happens in 5.10.1. (I forgot to mention that's the version I
        am using.)

        Jason

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "karianna03" <martijnverburg@...> wrote:

        > Does this occur for you in 5.10.1? Several Spell realted issues were
        > fixed in that release.....

        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "tantaslir" <piers@> wrote:
        > >
        > > We have had the same issue, with 5.10.0
        > >
        > > I think I can narrow it down a little more. It isn't just when you
        > > remove a spell from the prepared list but when you remove it by
        > > doubleclicking it. If you use the Remove button, all works as it
        > > should. My GM also observed that a Druid lost spells the same way.
        > >
        > > Tantaslir
        > >

        > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Dowd" <ding50@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Greetings everyone. First off, I just want to thank all the
        folks who
        > > > work on PCGen for a great job.
        > > >
        > > > I've been having an intermittant problem for a few weeks now, and I
        > > > can't consistently reproduce it, so I've been reluctant to post
        about
        > > > it, but it keeps happening and I think I can almost regularly
        > > > reproduce it now.
        > > >
        > > > Set up a wizard, give him some known spells, and open a second
        > > > character at the same time (the type of second character is
        > > unimportant).
        > > > Add spells to the wizard's prepared list.
        > > > Remove a spell from the wizard's prepared list.
        > > > Switch to the second character, and click a few tabs.
        > > > Switch back to the wizard, and look at the list of known spells. The
        > > > one you removed should be gone from the known list.
        > > >
        > > > Has anyone else run into this problem?
        > > >
        > > > Thanks in advance.
        > > > Jason

      • James Dempsey
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 14, 2007
          Hi Jason,

          This problem was isolated and fixed in release 5.11.6.

          Cheers,
          James Dempsey
          PCGen Code SB