Re: Item customization question

  • rmvhoek2
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 23, 2006
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Bowers" <richard.bowers@...> wrote:

      > On 9/23/06, rmvhoek2 <rmvhoek2@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Okay, I got it to work by editing the .lst files. A couple questions
      > > though -
      > >
      > > 1. Is there a bug in the item customization code in 5.8.1, or was I
      > > doing something wrong?
      > >
      > > 2. In my hand-edited version, why does this work:
      > > Helm of Funkiness TYPE:Wondrous.Headgear COST:4000
      > > WT:3 MODS:NO
      > > BONUS:CHECKS|Fortitude,Reflex,Willpower|2|TYPE=Resistance
      > > BONUS:COMBAT|AC|2|TYPE=Deflection SPROP:Offers +2 AC, +2 all
      Saves,
      > > Command powers SOURCELONG:Custom Item|SOURCESHORT:cust|SOURCEPAGE:N/A
      > >
      > > but this doesn't:
      > > Helm of Funkiness TYPE:Wondrous.Headgear COST:4000
      > > WT:3 MODS:NO
      > > BONUS:CHECKS|Fortitude,Reflex,Willpower|2|TYPE=Resistance
      > > BONUS:COMBAT|AC|2|TYPE=Armor SPROP:Offers +2 AC, +2 all Saves,
      > > Command powers SOURCELONG:Custom Item|SOURCESHORT:cust|SOURCEPAGE:N/A
      > >
      > > (the difference is the TYPE on the AC bonus)
      > >
      > > Does PCGen look at the underlying type and require that it have the
      > > ARMOR attribute in order to add an armor bonus?
      >

      > I'm assuming that you're saying that your AC isn't going up. I would
      guess
      > that you are wearing other armor as well as the helmet, and that's
      why you
      > don't see any improvement.
      >
      > In D&D, every bonus - including bonuses to AC - has a type. Normally,
      > bonuses don't stack with other bonuses of the same type. You have at
      most
      > one armor bonus at a time. If you're wearing other armor along with the
      > helmet, adding a +2 Armor bonus, by default, won't help. There are
      places
      > where that rule has exceptions, where you can add an additional
      armor bonus.
      > In PCGen, if you want to have it stack (add despite already having
      another
      > armor bonus), add .STACK to the end of the type. (TYPE=Armor.STACK).
      >
      > If you wear something with a deflection bonus, that does stack with
      armor,
      > so you would see an improvement.

      Thanks - that explains it.
    • Terry FitzSimons
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 23, 2006
        CMP uses a different internal process to produce their datasets, which is
        why you need their core products to run their datasets.

        Which is why everyone that is running their datasets are sent back to them
        as they know and we don't what they have done.

        Terry

        --

        Terry FitzSimons
        FITZSIMONS@...(Small Letters Only)