Re: [pcgen] Blind from birth PCGEN template?

  • Richard Bowers
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 12, 2006
      On 9/11/06, sol_of_the_pomarji <thebigweekend@...> wrote:

      > Hi
      >
      > first post so hit as hard as you like :)
      >
      > im looking for a templete/race? that i can use in PCGEN to create a
      > blind from birth character. initially i will only be using a human a
      > base race.

      Welcome to the group!

      First, the obligatory warning - while you got this off a forum, it looks to
      me very similar to something I saw in a closed source book. Those kinds of
      things are under copyright, so we need to be careful about working with the
      specifics. We'll usually talk about them in generic terms, if at all - I
      need to add a template, which affects vision, and adds some notes to the
      character. Something like that.

      Now that that's over with - for PCGen, you add new feats, templates,
      classes, and other things in files, referred to as LST files. If you check
      the documentation that was installed when you installed PCGen (usually, just
      look for PCGen in your start menu, then documentation), there's a section
      about LST files that tells you what you need. There's a separate Yahoo
      group, called PCGenListFileHelp, where you can ask specific questions,
      although you still need to be careful not to put anything in your messages
      that violates copyright.

      One thing you should mention - should you ask questions on the list files
      list - is whether you're using the CMP files or the ones that come with
      PCGen, and which version of PCGen you're using.