Re: FEATS and PREVIEW tab don't display? OS X Intel

  • R. Wolfgang Rumpf
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 7, 2006
      Here's an update - I repeated the test in both 5.10.0 and 5.10.1 with
      java 1.4, 1.5, and 1.6 - the error still occurs.

      Also:

      I ditched the CMP rulesets from my 5.10.0 install and used the
      standard RSRD d20 rules. Had to make a new character, but...it worked
      fine. So it *looks* like it's the datasets but it *may* be the character?

      Re the debug mode, I did get some NPE's:

      java.lang.NullPointerException
      at
      pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoFeats$FeatModel.buildTreeSourceName(InfoFeats.java:2205)
      at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoFeats$FeatModel.resetModel(InfoFeats.java:2329)
      at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoFeats$FeatModel.<init>(InfoFeats.java:1517)
      at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoFeats$FeatModel.<init>(InfoFeats.java:1476)
      at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoFeats.createModelAvailable(InfoFeats.java:512)
      at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoFeats.createModels(InfoFeats.java:547)
      at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoFeats.initComponents(InfoFeats.java:1120)
      at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoFeats.access$000(InfoFeats.java:129)
      at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoFeats$1.run(InfoFeats.java:207)
      at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:189)
      at
      pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1$WaitCursorEventQueue.dispatchEvent(PCGen_Frame1.java:3153)
      at
      java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:234)
      at
      java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
      at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:178)
      at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:170)
      at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:100)
      java.awt.event.InvocationEvent[INVOCATION_DEFAULT,runnable=pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoFeats$1@e23281,notifier=null,catchExceptions=false,when=1157646731113]
      on apple.awt.CToolkit@61d1dd
      java.lang.NullPointerException
      at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoFeats.updateAvailableModel(InfoFeats.java:1370)
      at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoFeats.updateCharacterInfo(InfoFeats.java:1407)
      at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoFeats.forceRefresh(InfoFeats.java:292)
      at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoFeats.setPc(InfoFeats.java:219)
      at pcgen.gui.CharacterInfo$PcSetter.finished(CharacterInfo.java:478)
      at pcgen.util.SwingWorker$1.run(SwingWorker.java:107)
      java.awt.event.InvocationEvent[INVOCATION_DEFAULT,runnable=pcgen.util.SwingWorker$1@f9a1af,notifier=null,catchExceptions=false,when=1157646731423]

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "James Dempsey" <jdempsey@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > On 25/08/06, R. Wolfgang Rumpf <evildrbob@...> wrote:
      > > Is anyone else having this problem? I'm using an Intel-based Mac, OS
      > > X 10.4. Happens with both 5.10.0 and 5.10.1. When I load up a
      > > character, using CPM AD&D 3.5 ruleset (core books and Complete
      > > Warrior), everything seems to work fine except nothing gets displayed
      > > in the FEATS and PREVIEW panes. If I fiddle with resizing the app I
      > > can get the PREVIEW to refresh/display, but FEATS never does.
      > >

      > The behaviour you describe sounds like there is a problem occurring
      > when it is trying to display the list of feats. Try opening the debug
      > console and then switching to the feat or preview tab. You should get
      > a long error message listing an error and a series of locations. If
      > you could post that here it would assist us in tracking down the
      > issue.
      >
      > The other thing to note is that CMP hasn't updated their data sets to
      > work with the 5.10 series yet. As a result we cannot guarantee 5.10.1
      > will work with them. Are you able to reproduce the same problem when
      > using only datasets that ship with PCGen?
      >
      > --
      > Cheers,
      > James Dempsey
      > PCGen Code SB

    • Ludovic Fierville
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 7, 2006
        Not to ditch the question, but aren't CMP datasets for PCGen 5.8 ?

        ~ Tengoku de omachisi te imasu ~
      • Paul W. King
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 7, 2006
          > Not to ditch the question, but aren't CMP datasets for PCGen 5.8 ?

          5.8.1 to be exact. They haven't updated thier datasets to accomodate
          the code/data changes in 5.10.1 yet.

          Paul W. King
          PR SB, BoD
        • R. Wolfgang Rumpf
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 8, 2006
            Well, I did discover this after posting those (numerous and lengthy)
            followups. mea culpa.

            <sigh> But 5.10.x is so much *better* than 5.8.1 - here's hoping that
            the codemonkeys can update the datasets fairly quickly....

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@...> wrote:

            > > Not to ditch the question, but aren't CMP datasets for PCGen 5.8 ?
            >
            > 5.8.1 to be exact. They haven't updated thier datasets to accomodate
            > the code/data changes in 5.10.1 yet.
            >
            > Paul W. King
            > PR SB, BoD

          • Paul W. King
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 8, 2006
              > But 5.10.x is so much *better* than 5.8.1 - here's hoping that the
              > codemonkeys can update the datasets fairly quickly....

              That's their call. I know that 5.10.1 came out close to GenCon, so CMP
              was involved with GenCon preprarations instead of dataset version
              advancement.

              Paul W. King
              PR SB, BoD