Re: [pcgen] Re: How to create simple magic objects ?

  • Susan Dittmar
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 5, 2006
      Hi,

      Quoting dchuntarz (dchuntarz@...):
      > - In game mode, I have to choose "D&D Oriental Adventures v3.Oe". If I
      > choose the 3.0 version, I dont think I have access to Oriental
      > Adventures (but I will have a look). So I do not load the "complete
      > srd" source but the D&D oriental adventures source.

      That looks to me that someone created a gamemode for Oriental Adventures
      (where I think making it part of 3.0 gamemode should have been enough; but
      I am just a beginner at using PCGen and might just overlook a lot).
      And this gamemode does not include enough of the basic rules.

      In my copy of the 5.10.1 I do not see such a gamemode. I did not find the
      Oriental Adventure data files either...

      That brings me to another idea. Are those sources you bought from Code
      Monkey Pubishing? If so, I think using 5.10.1 PCGen might cause problems.
      As far as I know the sources from CMP still use version 5.8.1 of PCGen and
      are *not* compatible with 5.10.1.

      Just some thoughts that might perhaps trigger something that helps you...

      Susan
    • cofoghlu
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 5, 2006
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "dchuntarz" <dchuntarz@...> wrote:
        > - In game mode, I have to choose "D&D Oriental Adventures v3.Oe". If I
        > choose the 3.0 version, I dont think I have access to Oriental
        > Adventures (but I will have a look). So I do not load the "complete
        > srd" source but the D&D oriental adventures source.

        Sounds like you bought the Code Monkey Publishing (CMP) dataset for
        this book. If so, then your questions should really be posed on the
        message boards
        (http://www.codemonkeypublishing.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=index&c=22)
        that CMP host on their site (the reason being, that everyone on those
        boards has purchased the datasets from them, and the issues are
        different depending on the game mode and datasets that you are using).

        That said, CMP datasets currently only work with PC Gen 5.8.1 so try
        using that version and see if your issue persists.

        --
        Cormac
      • dchuntarz
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 6, 2006
          Many thanks to all. I had to buy the "core set" and now everything is
          working fine and I can create all magics items I need.

          Regards,
          DCH