Clerics

  • David Lee
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2006
      how do you choose a deity and domain abilities for clerics in pc gen?
    • Richard Bowers
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 4, 2006
        On 9/4/06, David Lee <davidlee37101@...> wrote:

        > how do you choose a deity and domain abilities for clerics in pc gen?

        PCGen's data sets don't have any deities or domains with them - so the first
        step is to type in the info for your deities, for your campaign.

        You can either use the list editor for this, making sure to exit and restart
        PCGen before you actually try to assign the deities, or you can edit text
        files and add the deities/domains there. Either way, check out the
        definitions from the documentation, under the List File documentation, for
        how to do this. Either way, you'll end up with a line in a deities file for
        the deity, and a line in the domains file for the domain.

        If you have trouble creating or editing the list files, the
        PCGenListFileHelp group is there to help.

        Richard

      • Axel
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 4, 2006
          First you need to set up the deity in 'List edit' then you can choose the deity of your choice
          how do you choose a deity and domain abilities for clerics in pc gen?

        • Susan Dittmar
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 4, 2006
            Hello David,

            Quoting David Lee (davidlee37101@...):
            > how do you choose a deity and domain abilities for clerics in pc gen?

            there are no deities predefined in PCGen, as they do not belong to the
            SRD stuff. The SRD domains are there, though.

            If I just want to create a cleric quick-and-dirty, I go to the 'domains'
            tab, leave the god as 'none' and just select the domains the character
            would have selected.

            If you want it less dirty, you need to define the god first. You can do
            this via list editor or by editing (in a text editor) your personal copy of
            the my_deities.lst file (found in data/my_dataset/).

            I hope this helps, else feel free to ask again!

            Susan