Re: [pcgen] Re: Doesn't load sources

  • Edwin Holley
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 3, 2006
      Edwin Holley wrote:
      > techwiz2000_2000 wrote:
      >
      >> I can indeed load the RSRD complete, but nothing at all from my
      >> campaign shows up if I load both. It claims to load mine but won't let
      >> me make a char unless I load both
      >>
      >> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Edwin Holley <eholley@...> wrote:
      >>
      > Ok, try these steps
      >
      > 1)Start PCGen ;-)
      > 2)Select Debug>Debug Mode
      > 3)Select Debug>Console
      > 4)Load only your source
      > 5)Copy the contents of the debug to your reply :-)
      >
      > hopefully this gives us some good info :-)

      I should have read following posts, sorry ;-).

    • discnerd
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 4, 2006
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "curseblad3" <curseblad3@...> wrote:

        > Hey
        >
        > Just downloaded and unpacked the program. It loads up just fine but
        > when i choose the sources,load them up and want to create a character
        > it still says i havent loaded any sources.When i check the console
        > almost every file has "error parsing file" wirtten on the left.
        > The filepaths to the files are correct,im runing the newest java
        > jre,windows xp sp2.

        I am having a similar problem with 5.10.1 (straight from the zip)
        running on Java blackdown 1.4.2-02 on Ubuntu Linux. It dumps the
        following (several thousand times, but I figured once would be okay)
        when I try to load the RSRD content:

        Error parsing file
        'file:~/srcs/pcgen5101/data/d20ogl/srd35/epic/rsrd_spells_epic.lst'
        line '67': null
        Ignoring error
        java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
        at pcgen.core.spell.Spell.<init>(Spell.java:48)
        at
        pcgen.persistence.lst.SpellLoader.parseLine(SpellLoader.java:66)
        at
        pcgen.persistence.lst.LstObjectFileLoader.loadLstFile(LstObjectFileLoader.java:323)
        at
        pcgen.persistence.lst.LstObjectFileLoader.loadLstFiles(LstObjectFileLoader.java:110)
        at
        pcgen.persistence.lst.LstSystemLoader.loadCampaigns(LstSystemLoader.java:443)
        at
        pcgen.persistence.PersistenceManager.loadCampaigns(PersistenceManager.java:166)
        at pcgen.gui.MainSource.loadCampaigns(MainSource.java:1048)
        at pcgen.gui.MainSource.access$2000(MainSource.java:118)
        at pcgen.gui.MainSource$18.construct(MainSource.java:1076)
        at pcgen.util.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:113)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

        I've looked at the .lst files and I can't distinguish why some lines
        are causing problems and others don't. Some lines are simply
        comments. Any ideas?