Re: [pcgen] Loading characters programmatically

  • James Dempsey
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2006

      On 3/09/2006 9:53 PM finnzevel wrote
      > First, if this message doesn't belong here, please let me know.

      Possibly the best place for code related questions is on the developers
      list - http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/pcgen-devel

      BTW: Would you be interested in joining the team as a developer by any
      chance? :)
      > I am trying to initialize pcgen from my custom code, to be able to
      > load characters from .pcg files and query their fields, etc.
      >
      > This results in: "Insufficient campaign information to load character
      > file.". So I need to somehow force the load of the campaign, but am
      > puzzled on how to go about it. The campaign source file is:
      > "PCGEN_MAIN_DIR/data/d20ogl/srd35/campaign/rsrd_campaign_no_psionics.pcc"
      >
      > Any pointers appreciated.

      See if it works any better with the option set to load campaigns with
      sources. If not, then your custom code is probably missing the step to
      load the sources with the character.

      James Dempsey
      PCGen Code SB