Re: Help with a lst file

  • theeo123
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2006
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Kent P" <kentpollard@...> wrote:

      > And (significantly for some of us) your PCC file will need to operate
      > in the same game mode as you plan to use it in. D'oh!
      >
      > Kent
      >
      > On 9/1/06, Tir Gwaith wrote:
      > > If it is just a .lst file, you'll need a PCC to call it..... Look at
      > > the List File Class information on PCC files in the Docs.
      > > Terry FitzSimons wrote:
      > > > No import. Make a custom data directory for your datasets and
      unzip into
      > > > it. Then start PcGen and you should have the file available.
      > > >
      > > > Terry

      Okay I checked the sample data set that comes with Pc gen and modified
      it to work in proper game made etc it now looks like so:

      CAMPAIGN:Goblin
      GAMEMODE:3e
      RANK:8
      TYPE:Goblin.Goblin
      SOURCELONG:Goblin
      SOURCESHORT:My
      SOURCEWEB:http://www.mywebsite.com
      ISOGL:NO
      COPYRIGHT:My Campaign, Copyright 2005 by me

      EQUIPMOD:goblinmarket.lst

      the lst file in question is actually "fortunaequipgoblinmarket.lst"
      downloaded from the files section of this forum, but I renamed it to
      save myself a little typing :)

      when running PCgen i now see the "goblin" campaign and can add & load
      it. bu I'm not seeing any new items in the equipment list.

      Now i have absolutely no knowledge of lst files, i just found a
      couple on here that seemed interesting, and wanted to add them. i
      don't know how much the lst file format has changed over time or not.
      is it possible that the lst format itself is no longer compatible
      with pcgen? perhaps someone with more knowledge than me could check
      it out?
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2006
        On 9/1/06 11:26 AM, "theeo123" <theeo123@...> wrote:

        > EQUIPMOD:goblinmarket.lst

        > when running PCgen i now see the "goblin" campaign and can add & load
        > it. bu I'm not seeing any new items in the equipment list.

        If this is equipment you need to change this to:

        EQUIPMENT:goblinmarket.lst

        EQUIPMOD is for equipment modifiers which would appear when customizing
        items.
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      • Terry FitzSimons
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2006
          It is an EQUIPMENT: lst file. Just found it on pcgen@yahoogroups.com file
          section.

          So the .pcc should read out:

          CAMPAIGN:Goblin
          GAMEMODE:3e
          RANK:8
          TYPE:Goblin.Goblin
          SOURCELONG:Goblin
          SOURCESHORT:My
          SOURCEWEB:http://www.mywebsite.com
          ISOGL:NO
          COPYRIGHT:My Campaign, Copyright 2005 by me

          EQUIPMENT:goblinmarket.lst

          TextPad is showing the use of SOURCE: file in the second line, i.e.:

          SOURCE: Alphyn -- http://www.sff.net/people/Kevin.A.Murphy

          this will need to be reparsed in the current standard:

          SOURCELONG:Alphyn<tab>
          SOURCESHORT:Alphyn<tab>
          SOURCEWEB:http://www.sff.net/people/Kevin.A.Murphy

          Web site is still active so someone might ask if he wants to update this to
          current standards or have someone here do it.

          Terry