Re: [pcgen] Help with a lst file

  • Tir Gwaith
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1 4:53 AM
      If it is just a .lst file, you'll need a PCC to call it..... Look at
      the List File Class information on PCC files in the Docs.

      On 8/31/06, Terry FitzSimons <fitzsimons@...> wrote:
      > No import. Make a custom data directory for your datasets and unzip into
      > it. Then start PcGen and you should have the file available.
      >
      > Terry

      PCGen LST Chimp
    • Kent P
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1 7:36 AM
        And (significantly for some of us) your PCC file will need to operate
        in the same game mode as you plan to use it in. D'oh!

        Kent

        On 9/1/06, Tir Gwaith wrote:
        > If it is just a .lst file, you'll need a PCC to call it..... Look at
        > the List File Class information on PCC files in the Docs.
        > Terry FitzSimons wrote:
        > > No import. Make a custom data directory for your datasets and unzip into
        > > it. Then start PcGen and you should have the file available.
        > >
        > > Terry
      • theeo123
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1 8:26 AM
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Kent P" <kentpollard@...> wrote:

          > And (significantly for some of us) your PCC file will need to operate
          > in the same game mode as you plan to use it in. D'oh!
          >
          > Kent
          >
          > On 9/1/06, Tir Gwaith wrote:
          > > If it is just a .lst file, you'll need a PCC to call it..... Look at
          > > the List File Class information on PCC files in the Docs.
          > > Terry FitzSimons wrote:
          > > > No import. Make a custom data directory for your datasets and
          unzip into
          > > > it. Then start PcGen and you should have the file available.
          > > >
          > > > Terry

          Okay I checked the sample data set that comes with Pc gen and modified
          it to work in proper game made etc it now looks like so:

          CAMPAIGN:Goblin
          GAMEMODE:3e
          RANK:8
          TYPE:Goblin.Goblin
          SOURCELONG:Goblin
          SOURCESHORT:My
          SOURCEWEB:http://www.mywebsite.com
          ISOGL:NO
          COPYRIGHT:My Campaign, Copyright 2005 by me

          EQUIPMOD:goblinmarket.lst

          the lst file in question is actually "fortunaequipgoblinmarket.lst"
          downloaded from the files section of this forum, but I renamed it to
          save myself a little typing :)

          when running PCgen i now see the "goblin" campaign and can add & load
          it. bu I'm not seeing any new items in the equipment list.

          Now i have absolutely no knowledge of lst files, i just found a
          couple on here that seemed interesting, and wanted to add them. i
          don't know how much the lst file format has changed over time or not.
          is it possible that the lst format itself is no longer compatible
          with pcgen? perhaps someone with more knowledge than me could check
          it out?
        • Eddy Anthony
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 1 8:47 AM
            On 9/1/06 11:26 AM, "theeo123" <theeo123@...> wrote:

            > EQUIPMOD:goblinmarket.lst

            > when running PCgen i now see the "goblin" campaign and can add & load
            > it. bu I'm not seeing any new items in the equipment list.

            If this is equipment you need to change this to:

            EQUIPMENT:goblinmarket.lst

            EQUIPMOD is for equipment modifiers which would appear when customizing
            items.
            --
            ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          • Terry FitzSimons
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 1 12:02 PM
              It is an EQUIPMENT: lst file. Just found it on pcgen@yahoogroups.com file
              section.

              So the .pcc should read out:

              CAMPAIGN:Goblin
              GAMEMODE:3e
              RANK:8
              TYPE:Goblin.Goblin
              SOURCELONG:Goblin
              SOURCESHORT:My
              SOURCEWEB:http://www.mywebsite.com
              ISOGL:NO
              COPYRIGHT:My Campaign, Copyright 2005 by me

              EQUIPMENT:goblinmarket.lst

              TextPad is showing the use of SOURCE: file in the second line, i.e.:

              SOURCE: Alphyn -- http://www.sff.net/people/Kevin.A.Murphy

              this will need to be reparsed in the current standard:

              SOURCELONG:Alphyn<tab>
              SOURCESHORT:Alphyn<tab>
              SOURCEWEB:http://www.sff.net/people/Kevin.A.Murphy

              Web site is still active so someone might ask if he wants to update this to
              current standards or have someone here do it.

              Terry