Re: [pcgen] Help with a lst file

  • Terry FitzSimons
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 31, 2006
      No import. Make a custom data directory for your datasets and unzip into
      it. Then start PcGen and you should have the file available.

      Terry

      --

      Terry FitzSimons
      FITZSIMONS@...(Small Letters Only)

      Data Lemur, Docs Tamarin
    • Tir Gwaith
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2006
        If it is just a .lst file, you'll need a PCC to call it..... Look at
        the List File Class information on PCC files in the Docs.

        On 8/31/06, Terry FitzSimons <fitzsimons@...> wrote:
        > No import. Make a custom data directory for your datasets and unzip into
        > it. Then start PcGen and you should have the file available.
        >
        > Terry

        PCGen LST Chimp
      • Kent P
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2006
          And (significantly for some of us) your PCC file will need to operate
          in the same game mode as you plan to use it in. D'oh!

          Kent

          On 9/1/06, Tir Gwaith wrote:
          > If it is just a .lst file, you'll need a PCC to call it..... Look at
          > the List File Class information on PCC files in the Docs.
          > Terry FitzSimons wrote:
          > > No import. Make a custom data directory for your datasets and unzip into
          > > it. Then start PcGen and you should have the file available.
          > >
          > > Terry
        • theeo123
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 1, 2006
            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Kent P" <kentpollard@...> wrote:

            > And (significantly for some of us) your PCC file will need to operate
            > in the same game mode as you plan to use it in. D'oh!
            >
            > Kent
            >
            > On 9/1/06, Tir Gwaith wrote:
            > > If it is just a .lst file, you'll need a PCC to call it..... Look at
            > > the List File Class information on PCC files in the Docs.
            > > Terry FitzSimons wrote:
            > > > No import. Make a custom data directory for your datasets and
            unzip into
            > > > it. Then start PcGen and you should have the file available.
            > > >
            > > > Terry

            Okay I checked the sample data set that comes with Pc gen and modified
            it to work in proper game made etc it now looks like so:

            CAMPAIGN:Goblin
            GAMEMODE:3e
            RANK:8
            TYPE:Goblin.Goblin
            SOURCELONG:Goblin
            SOURCESHORT:My
            SOURCEWEB:http://www.mywebsite.com
            ISOGL:NO
            COPYRIGHT:My Campaign, Copyright 2005 by me

            EQUIPMOD:goblinmarket.lst

            the lst file in question is actually "fortunaequipgoblinmarket.lst"
            downloaded from the files section of this forum, but I renamed it to
            save myself a little typing :)

            when running PCgen i now see the "goblin" campaign and can add & load
            it. bu I'm not seeing any new items in the equipment list.

            Now i have absolutely no knowledge of lst files, i just found a
            couple on here that seemed interesting, and wanted to add them. i
            don't know how much the lst file format has changed over time or not.
            is it possible that the lst format itself is no longer compatible
            with pcgen? perhaps someone with more knowledge than me could check
            it out?
          • Eddy Anthony
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 1, 2006
              On 9/1/06 11:26 AM, "theeo123" <theeo123@...> wrote:

              > EQUIPMOD:goblinmarket.lst

              > when running PCgen i now see the "goblin" campaign and can add & load
              > it. bu I'm not seeing any new items in the equipment list.

              If this is equipment you need to change this to:

              EQUIPMENT:goblinmarket.lst

              EQUIPMOD is for equipment modifiers which would appear when customizing
              items.
              --
              ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
            • Terry FitzSimons
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 1, 2006
                It is an EQUIPMENT: lst file. Just found it on pcgen@yahoogroups.com file
                section.

                So the .pcc should read out:

                CAMPAIGN:Goblin
                GAMEMODE:3e
                RANK:8
                TYPE:Goblin.Goblin
                SOURCELONG:Goblin
                SOURCESHORT:My
                SOURCEWEB:http://www.mywebsite.com
                ISOGL:NO
                COPYRIGHT:My Campaign, Copyright 2005 by me

                EQUIPMENT:goblinmarket.lst

                TextPad is showing the use of SOURCE: file in the second line, i.e.:

                SOURCE: Alphyn -- http://www.sff.net/people/Kevin.A.Murphy

                this will need to be reparsed in the current standard:

                SOURCELONG:Alphyn<tab>
                SOURCESHORT:Alphyn<tab>
                SOURCEWEB:http://www.sff.net/people/Kevin.A.Murphy

                Web site is still active so someone might ask if he wants to update this to
                current standards or have someone here do it.

                Terry