Help with a lst file

  • theeo123
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 30, 2006
      I downloaded a file from this group. "fortunaequipgoblinmarket.lst"
      And I can not for the life of me figure out how to import it into pcgen.
      I'm using the most recent pcgen (5.10.1)

      I tried searching through the Pcgen Wiki, both this user group and
      also PCGenListFileHelp yahoo group, and I couldn't find the answer,
      could someone point me in the right direction at least?
    • Terry FitzSimons
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 31, 2006
        No import. Make a custom data directory for your datasets and unzip into
        it. Then start PcGen and you should have the file available.

        Terry

        --

        Terry FitzSimons
        FITZSIMONS@...(Small Letters Only)

        Data Lemur, Docs Tamarin
      • Tir Gwaith
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2006
          If it is just a .lst file, you'll need a PCC to call it..... Look at
          the List File Class information on PCC files in the Docs.

          On 8/31/06, Terry FitzSimons <fitzsimons@...> wrote:
          > No import. Make a custom data directory for your datasets and unzip into
          > it. Then start PcGen and you should have the file available.
          >
          > Terry

          PCGen LST Chimp
        • Kent P
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 1, 2006
            And (significantly for some of us) your PCC file will need to operate
            in the same game mode as you plan to use it in. D'oh!

            Kent

            On 9/1/06, Tir Gwaith wrote:
            > If it is just a .lst file, you'll need a PCC to call it..... Look at
            > the List File Class information on PCC files in the Docs.
            > Terry FitzSimons wrote:
            > > No import. Make a custom data directory for your datasets and unzip into
            > > it. Then start PcGen and you should have the file available.
            > >
            > > Terry
          • theeo123
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 1, 2006
              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Kent P" <kentpollard@...> wrote:

              > And (significantly for some of us) your PCC file will need to operate
              > in the same game mode as you plan to use it in. D'oh!
              >
              > Kent
              >
              > On 9/1/06, Tir Gwaith wrote:
              > > If it is just a .lst file, you'll need a PCC to call it..... Look at
              > > the List File Class information on PCC files in the Docs.
              > > Terry FitzSimons wrote:
              > > > No import. Make a custom data directory for your datasets and
              unzip into
              > > > it. Then start PcGen and you should have the file available.
              > > >
              > > > Terry

              Okay I checked the sample data set that comes with Pc gen and modified
              it to work in proper game made etc it now looks like so:

              CAMPAIGN:Goblin
              GAMEMODE:3e
              RANK:8
              TYPE:Goblin.Goblin
              SOURCELONG:Goblin
              SOURCESHORT:My
              SOURCEWEB:http://www.mywebsite.com
              ISOGL:NO
              COPYRIGHT:My Campaign, Copyright 2005 by me

              EQUIPMOD:goblinmarket.lst

              the lst file in question is actually "fortunaequipgoblinmarket.lst"
              downloaded from the files section of this forum, but I renamed it to
              save myself a little typing :)

              when running PCgen i now see the "goblin" campaign and can add & load
              it. bu I'm not seeing any new items in the equipment list.

              Now i have absolutely no knowledge of lst files, i just found a
              couple on here that seemed interesting, and wanted to add them. i
              don't know how much the lst file format has changed over time or not.
              is it possible that the lst format itself is no longer compatible
              with pcgen? perhaps someone with more knowledge than me could check
              it out?
            • Eddy Anthony
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 1, 2006
                On 9/1/06 11:26 AM, "theeo123" <theeo123@...> wrote:

                > EQUIPMOD:goblinmarket.lst

                > when running PCgen i now see the "goblin" campaign and can add & load
                > it. bu I'm not seeing any new items in the equipment list.

                If this is equipment you need to change this to:

                EQUIPMENT:goblinmarket.lst

                EQUIPMOD is for equipment modifiers which would appear when customizing
                items.
                --
                ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
              • Terry FitzSimons
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 1, 2006
                  It is an EQUIPMENT: lst file. Just found it on pcgen@yahoogroups.com file
                  section.

                  So the .pcc should read out:

                  CAMPAIGN:Goblin
                  GAMEMODE:3e
                  RANK:8
                  TYPE:Goblin.Goblin
                  SOURCELONG:Goblin
                  SOURCESHORT:My
                  SOURCEWEB:http://www.mywebsite.com
                  ISOGL:NO
                  COPYRIGHT:My Campaign, Copyright 2005 by me

                  EQUIPMENT:goblinmarket.lst

                  TextPad is showing the use of SOURCE: file in the second line, i.e.:

                  SOURCE: Alphyn -- http://www.sff.net/people/Kevin.A.Murphy

                  this will need to be reparsed in the current standard:

                  SOURCELONG:Alphyn<tab>
                  SOURCESHORT:Alphyn<tab>
                  SOURCEWEB:http://www.sff.net/people/Kevin.A.Murphy

                  Web site is still active so someone might ask if he wants to update this to
                  current standards or have someone here do it.

                  Terry