Re: 2 Problems Exporting To PDF

  • Chuck Pint
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 30, 2006
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "allencohn" <allen@...> wrote:

      > Hi folks,
      >
      > I'm trying to output my character to a PDF and I'm having two problems:
      >
      > 1. In the "Money" section where the program actually outputs the "Other
      > Assets" text, I don't get the line breaks that I entered. Instead I get
      > all these <fund></fund> tags. It's a mess. (I believe I'm using the
      > correct PDF template.)

      This is a known problem. I think it's fixed in the latest autobuild,
      but not in any releases.

      > 2. The first page is nearly empty. It only prints the first three lines
      > of data. It jumps to a new page to print out the core stats, skills,
      > etc. That's a lot of blank space on the first page!
      >
      > Any suggestions are welcome. I'm happy to upload the PDF somewhere if
      > that would help someone figure this out.

      I've seen this happen, but very rarely. What kind of character do you
      have? If it's a cleric or other class with turning, what different
      kinds of turning does the character have? What are the first three
      weapons on your character sheet?

      Chuck
      OS Chimp
    • allencohn
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 8, 2006
        Hi Chuck,

        Thanks for your reply. I have tried what I think is the autobuild
        you refer to...the program that automatically loads and installs
        PCGen into Windows...but whenever I use that the PDF functionality
        doesn't work at all! It thinks some library isn't installed. So,
        yes, I am using the standard release. Sigh.

        To answer your second question, it's not a cleric...it's a
        Bbn1/Rog13.

        The first three weapons that display are:

        Dagger
        Flail, heavy
        Greatsword (customized)

        Thanks,
        Allen

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck Pint" <pcgen2006@...> wrote:

        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "allencohn" <allen@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi folks,
        > >
        > > I'm trying to output my character to a PDF and I'm having two
        problems:

        > > 1. In the "Money" section where the program actually outputs
        the "Other
        > > Assets" text, I don't get the line breaks that I entered.
        Instead I get
        > > all these <fund></fund> tags. It's a mess. (I believe I'm using
        the
        > > correct PDF template.)
        >
        > This is a known problem. I think it's fixed in the latest
        autobuild,
        > but not in any releases.
        >

        > > 2. The first page is nearly empty. It only prints the first
        three lines
        > > of data. It jumps to a new page to print out the core stats,
        skills,
        > > etc. That's a lot of blank space on the first page!
        > >
        > > Any suggestions are welcome. I'm happy to upload the PDF
        somewhere if
        > > that would help someone figure this out.
        >
        > I've seen this happen, but very rarely. What kind of character do
        you
        > have? If it's a cleric or other class with turning, what different
        > kinds of turning does the character have? What are the first three
        > weapons on your character sheet?
        >
        > Chuck
        > OS Chimp

      • allencohn
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 17, 2006
          Hi everyone,

          I just installed 5.11.2 in the hope that it would fix problem #1
          below...but the same thing happened. All those <fund></fund> tags.

          Am I operating the program incorrectly, or is there an ETA when the
          problem will be fixed?

          Many thanks,
          Allen

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck Pint" <pcgen2006@...> wrote:

          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "allencohn" <allen@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi folks,
          > >
          > > I'm trying to output my character to a PDF and I'm having two
          problems:

          > > 1. In the "Money" section where the program actually outputs
          the "Other
          > > Assets" text, I don't get the line breaks that I entered. Instead
          I get
          > > all these <fund></fund> tags. It's a mess. (I believe I'm using
          the
          > > correct PDF template.)
          >
          > This is a known problem. I think it's fixed in the latest autobuild,
          > but not in any releases.

          [snip]

          > Chuck
          > OS Chimp

        • Cosmos
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 18, 2006
            I've seen that PCGen has the "The Complete Book of Eldritch Might"
            from Malhavoc Press in the alpha dataset section. Where can I find
            what's still wrong or missing in this datasets?
            Is there a wiki for it? I couldn't find one.

            Marc
          • Tir Gwaith
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 18, 2006
              > I've seen that PCGen has the "The Complete Book of Eldritch Might"
              > from Malhavoc Press in the alpha dataset section. Where can I find
              > what's still wrong or missing in this datasets?
              > Is there a wiki for it? I couldn't find one.

              Check for a readme.txt or something in the file directory (probably
              something like /data/alpha/malhavoc/completeeldritch or similar - I'm
              at work and can't check). There might also be comments at the top of
              different files on stuff that wasn't implementable at the time of
              coding.

              The other reason it is in the Alpha category is because we haven't had
              a chance to extensively test the set for correct behavior. If you are
              planning on using the set, we'd love to hear feedback, both good and
              bad about the set. If all we here is good, it will get a data review
              (make sure all tags are current) and then moved to /d20ogl.

              PCGen LST Chimp
            • Cosmos
              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 18, 2006
                > > I've seen that PCGen has the "The Complete Book of Eldritch Might"
                > > from Malhavoc Press in the alpha dataset section. Where can I find
                > > what's still wrong or missing in this datasets?
                > > Is there a wiki for it? I couldn't find one.
                >
                > Check for a readme.txt or something in the file directory (probably
                > something like /data/alpha/malhavoc/completeeldritch or similar - I'm
                > at work and can't check). There might also be comments at the top of
                > different files on stuff that wasn't implementable at the time of
                > coding.
                >
                > The other reason it is in the Alpha category is because we haven't had
                > a chance to extensively test the set for correct behavior. If you are
                > planning on using the set, we'd love to hear feedback, both good and
                > bad about the set. If all we here is good, it will get a data review
                > (make sure all tags are current) and then moved to /d20ogl.

                I couldn't find any info. But it looks good for most things. I think
                magic items miss the properties. But I will give it a try and report
                any problems or if it works.

                Marc
              • Cosmos
                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 18, 2006
                  > > I've seen that PCGen has the "The Complete Book of Eldritch Might"
                  > > from Malhavoc Press in the alpha dataset section. Where can I find
                  > > what's still wrong or missing in this datasets?
                  > > Is there a wiki for it? I couldn't find one.
                  >
                  > Check for a readme.txt or something in the file directory (probably
                  > something like /data/alpha/malhavoc/completeeldritch or similar - I'm
                  > at work and can't check). There might also be comments at the top of
                  > different files on stuff that wasn't implementable at the time of
                  > coding.
                  >
                  > The other reason it is in the Alpha category is because we haven't had
                  > a chance to extensively test the set for correct behavior. If you are
                  > planning on using the set, we'd love to hear feedback, both good and
                  > bad about the set. If all we here is good, it will get a data review
                  > (make sure all tags are current) and then moved to /d20ogl.

                  First small error:

                  Unknown tag 'REMOVEABLE:NO' in file completeeldritch_templates.lst
                • Cosmos
                  Message 8 of 15 , Nov 18, 2006
                    > > I've seen that PCGen has the "The Complete Book of Eldritch Might"
                    > > from Malhavoc Press in the alpha dataset section. Where can I find
                    > > what's still wrong or missing in this datasets?
                    > > Is there a wiki for it? I couldn't find one.
                    >
                    > Check for a readme.txt or something in the file directory (probably
                    > something like /data/alpha/malhavoc/completeeldritch or similar - I'm
                    > at work and can't check). There might also be comments at the top of
                    > different files on stuff that wasn't implementable at the time of
                    > coding.
                    >
                    > The other reason it is in the Alpha category is because we haven't had
                    > a chance to extensively test the set for correct behavior. If you are
                    > planning on using the set, we'd love to hear feedback, both good and
                    > bad about the set. If all we here is good, it will get a data review
                    > (make sure all tags are current) and then moved to /d20ogl.

                    When I find errors in the dataset? Where should I post them?

                    The spell Chains of Vengance e.g. is missing a lot of important
                    desciption.

                    Marc
                  • Cosmos
                    Message 9 of 15 , Nov 18, 2006
                      With older versions of PCGen, I had the text "Normal" in the outputsheet.
                      Now with PCGen 5.10.1 there is nothing inside for normal humans.

                      Is this intendet?

                      Marc
                    • Tir Gwaith
                      Message 10 of 15 , Nov 18, 2006
                        > With older versions of PCGen, I had the text "Normal" in the outputsheet.
                        > Now with PCGen 5.10.1 there is nothing inside for normal humans.
                        >
                        > Is this intendet?

                        Yes. It gets rid of issues like Vision "Blind" and "Normal"....

                        PCGen LST Chimp
                      • Tir Gwaith
                        Message 11 of 15 , Nov 18, 2006
                          Thanks for the help!

                          Best place to report Review reports is pcgen_experimental Y! group.
                          Please put [Alpha] or [Alpha review] in the title. You can either
                          send one email as you find stuff, or combine a bunch into one email.
                          Your choice. Either way, we'll look at it, tracker-ize it, and get
                          the items fixed. :)

                          Also, in the docs, under LST Files, LST Standards will give you some
                          basics as to what we include, description-wise in our datasets.

                          > When I find errors in the dataset? Where should I post them?
                          >
                          > The spell Chains of Vengance e.g. is missing a lot of important
                          > desciption.

                          PCGen LST Chimp
                        • Paul
                          Message 12 of 15 , Aug 3, 2010
                            I think we need to move everything that was in the Alpha folder before 5.16.1 to the d20ogl folder and take it out of the Alpha stage. There are LOTS of old datasets in there that new users might be missing because they are looking for the publisher. And that's the only way we might get bug reports on them.

                            Thoughts?
                          • Paul
                            Message 13 of 15 , Aug 3, 2010
                              Hmm, actually I'm looking at the folder now. That actually might have already happened. :)

                              Message 14 of 15 , Aug 3, 2010

                                We had a good push for that back around 5.12/5.14 IIRC. It takes a Free Data Chimp to put it through
                                the paces and note any issues. Though it also helps if they have the source to compare what is
                                supposed to happen vs. what is happening. I think the last part is where we hit a bump. Plus, I
                                think that unless we've changed the policy, you can't review a set you had a major hand in the
                                creation of. Which does tend to limit the pool to three or less.

                                On 8/3/2010 8:45 PM, Paul wrote:
                                > Hmm, actually I'm looking at the folder now. That actually might have already happened. :)
                                >
                                > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul"<nylanfs@...> wrote:
                                >> I think we need to move everything that was in the Alpha folder before 5.16.1 to the d20ogl folder and take it out of the Alpha stage. There are LOTS of old datasets in there that new users might be missing because they are looking for the publisher. And that's the only way we might get bug reports on them.
                                >>
                                >> Thoughts?

                                > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

                                Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin