2 Problems Exporting To PDF

  • allencohn
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 30, 2006
      Hi folks,

      I'm trying to output my character to a PDF and I'm having two problems:

      1. In the "Money" section where the program actually outputs the "Other
      Assets" text, I don't get the line breaks that I entered. Instead I get
      all these <fund></fund> tags. It's a mess. (I believe I'm using the
      correct PDF template.)

      2. The first page is nearly empty. It only prints the first three lines
      of data. It jumps to a new page to print out the core stats, skills,
      etc. That's a lot of blank space on the first page!

      Any suggestions are welcome. I'm happy to upload the PDF somewhere if
      that would help someone figure this out.

      Thanks,
      Allen
    • Chuck Pint
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 30, 2006
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "allencohn" <allen@...> wrote:

        > Hi folks,
        >
        > I'm trying to output my character to a PDF and I'm having two problems:
        >
        > 1. In the "Money" section where the program actually outputs the "Other
        > Assets" text, I don't get the line breaks that I entered. Instead I get
        > all these <fund></fund> tags. It's a mess. (I believe I'm using the
        > correct PDF template.)

        This is a known problem. I think it's fixed in the latest autobuild,
        but not in any releases.

        > 2. The first page is nearly empty. It only prints the first three lines
        > of data. It jumps to a new page to print out the core stats, skills,
        > etc. That's a lot of blank space on the first page!
        >
        > Any suggestions are welcome. I'm happy to upload the PDF somewhere if
        > that would help someone figure this out.

        I've seen this happen, but very rarely. What kind of character do you
        have? If it's a cleric or other class with turning, what different
        kinds of turning does the character have? What are the first three
        weapons on your character sheet?

        Chuck
        OS Chimp
      • allencohn
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 8, 2006
          Hi Chuck,

          Thanks for your reply. I have tried what I think is the autobuild
          you refer to...the program that automatically loads and installs
          PCGen into Windows...but whenever I use that the PDF functionality
          doesn't work at all! It thinks some library isn't installed. So,
          yes, I am using the standard release. Sigh.

          To answer your second question, it's not a cleric...it's a
          Bbn1/Rog13.

          The first three weapons that display are:

          Dagger
          Flail, heavy
          Greatsword (customized)

          Thanks,
          Allen

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck Pint" <pcgen2006@...> wrote:

          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "allencohn" <allen@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi folks,
          > >
          > > I'm trying to output my character to a PDF and I'm having two
          problems:

          > > 1. In the "Money" section where the program actually outputs
          the "Other
          > > Assets" text, I don't get the line breaks that I entered.
          Instead I get
          > > all these <fund></fund> tags. It's a mess. (I believe I'm using
          the
          > > correct PDF template.)
          >
          > This is a known problem. I think it's fixed in the latest
          autobuild,
          > but not in any releases.
          >

          > > 2. The first page is nearly empty. It only prints the first
          three lines
          > > of data. It jumps to a new page to print out the core stats,
          skills,
          > > etc. That's a lot of blank space on the first page!
          > >
          > > Any suggestions are welcome. I'm happy to upload the PDF
          somewhere if
          > > that would help someone figure this out.
          >
          > I've seen this happen, but very rarely. What kind of character do
          you
          > have? If it's a cleric or other class with turning, what different
          > kinds of turning does the character have? What are the first three
          > weapons on your character sheet?
          >
          > Chuck
          > OS Chimp

        • allencohn
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 17, 2006
            Hi everyone,

            I just installed 5.11.2 in the hope that it would fix problem #1
            below...but the same thing happened. All those <fund></fund> tags.

            Am I operating the program incorrectly, or is there an ETA when the
            problem will be fixed?

            Many thanks,
            Allen

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck Pint" <pcgen2006@...> wrote:

            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "allencohn" <allen@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi folks,
            > >
            > > I'm trying to output my character to a PDF and I'm having two
            problems:

            > > 1. In the "Money" section where the program actually outputs
            the "Other
            > > Assets" text, I don't get the line breaks that I entered. Instead
            I get
            > > all these <fund></fund> tags. It's a mess. (I believe I'm using
            the
            > > correct PDF template.)
            >
            > This is a known problem. I think it's fixed in the latest autobuild,
            > but not in any releases.

            [snip]

            > Chuck
            > OS Chimp

          • Cosmos
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 18, 2006
              I've seen that PCGen has the "The Complete Book of Eldritch Might"
              from Malhavoc Press in the alpha dataset section. Where can I find
              what's still wrong or missing in this datasets?
              Is there a wiki for it? I couldn't find one.

              Marc
            • Tir Gwaith
              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 18, 2006
                > I've seen that PCGen has the "The Complete Book of Eldritch Might"
                > from Malhavoc Press in the alpha dataset section. Where can I find
                > what's still wrong or missing in this datasets?
                > Is there a wiki for it? I couldn't find one.

                Check for a readme.txt or something in the file directory (probably
                something like /data/alpha/malhavoc/completeeldritch or similar - I'm
                at work and can't check). There might also be comments at the top of
                different files on stuff that wasn't implementable at the time of
                coding.

                The other reason it is in the Alpha category is because we haven't had
                a chance to extensively test the set for correct behavior. If you are
                planning on using the set, we'd love to hear feedback, both good and
                bad about the set. If all we here is good, it will get a data review
                (make sure all tags are current) and then moved to /d20ogl.

                PCGen LST Chimp
              • Cosmos
                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 18, 2006
                  > > I've seen that PCGen has the "The Complete Book of Eldritch Might"
                  > > from Malhavoc Press in the alpha dataset section. Where can I find
                  > > what's still wrong or missing in this datasets?
                  > > Is there a wiki for it? I couldn't find one.
                  >
                  > Check for a readme.txt or something in the file directory (probably
                  > something like /data/alpha/malhavoc/completeeldritch or similar - I'm
                  > at work and can't check). There might also be comments at the top of
                  > different files on stuff that wasn't implementable at the time of
                  > coding.
                  >
                  > The other reason it is in the Alpha category is because we haven't had
                  > a chance to extensively test the set for correct behavior. If you are
                  > planning on using the set, we'd love to hear feedback, both good and
                  > bad about the set. If all we here is good, it will get a data review
                  > (make sure all tags are current) and then moved to /d20ogl.

                  I couldn't find any info. But it looks good for most things. I think
                  magic items miss the properties. But I will give it a try and report
                  any problems or if it works.

                  Marc
                • Cosmos
                  Message 8 of 15 , Nov 18, 2006
                    > > I've seen that PCGen has the "The Complete Book of Eldritch Might"
                    > > from Malhavoc Press in the alpha dataset section. Where can I find
                    > > what's still wrong or missing in this datasets?
                    > > Is there a wiki for it? I couldn't find one.
                    >
                    > Check for a readme.txt or something in the file directory (probably
                    > something like /data/alpha/malhavoc/completeeldritch or similar - I'm
                    > at work and can't check). There might also be comments at the top of
                    > different files on stuff that wasn't implementable at the time of
                    > coding.
                    >
                    > The other reason it is in the Alpha category is because we haven't had
                    > a chance to extensively test the set for correct behavior. If you are
                    > planning on using the set, we'd love to hear feedback, both good and
                    > bad about the set. If all we here is good, it will get a data review
                    > (make sure all tags are current) and then moved to /d20ogl.

                    First small error:

                    Unknown tag 'REMOVEABLE:NO' in file completeeldritch_templates.lst
                  • Cosmos
                    Message 9 of 15 , Nov 18, 2006
                      > > I've seen that PCGen has the "The Complete Book of Eldritch Might"
                      > > from Malhavoc Press in the alpha dataset section. Where can I find
                      > > what's still wrong or missing in this datasets?
                      > > Is there a wiki for it? I couldn't find one.
                      >
                      > Check for a readme.txt or something in the file directory (probably
                      > something like /data/alpha/malhavoc/completeeldritch or similar - I'm
                      > at work and can't check). There might also be comments at the top of
                      > different files on stuff that wasn't implementable at the time of
                      > coding.
                      >
                      > The other reason it is in the Alpha category is because we haven't had
                      > a chance to extensively test the set for correct behavior. If you are
                      > planning on using the set, we'd love to hear feedback, both good and
                      > bad about the set. If all we here is good, it will get a data review
                      > (make sure all tags are current) and then moved to /d20ogl.

                      When I find errors in the dataset? Where should I post them?

                      The spell Chains of Vengance e.g. is missing a lot of important
                      desciption.

                      Marc
                    • Cosmos
                      Message 10 of 15 , Nov 18, 2006
                        With older versions of PCGen, I had the text "Normal" in the outputsheet.
                        Now with PCGen 5.10.1 there is nothing inside for normal humans.

                        Is this intendet?

                        Marc
                      • Tir Gwaith
                        Message 11 of 15 , Nov 18, 2006
                          > With older versions of PCGen, I had the text "Normal" in the outputsheet.
                          > Now with PCGen 5.10.1 there is nothing inside for normal humans.
                          >
                          > Is this intendet?

                          Yes. It gets rid of issues like Vision "Blind" and "Normal"....

                          PCGen LST Chimp
                        • Tir Gwaith
                          Message 12 of 15 , Nov 18, 2006
                            Thanks for the help!

                            Best place to report Review reports is pcgen_experimental Y! group.
                            Please put [Alpha] or [Alpha review] in the title. You can either
                            send one email as you find stuff, or combine a bunch into one email.
                            Your choice. Either way, we'll look at it, tracker-ize it, and get
                            the items fixed. :)

                            Also, in the docs, under LST Files, LST Standards will give you some
                            basics as to what we include, description-wise in our datasets.

                            > When I find errors in the dataset? Where should I post them?
                            >
                            > The spell Chains of Vengance e.g. is missing a lot of important
                            > desciption.

                            PCGen LST Chimp
                          • Paul
                            Message 13 of 15 , Aug 3, 2010
                              I think we need to move everything that was in the Alpha folder before 5.16.1 to the d20ogl folder and take it out of the Alpha stage. There are LOTS of old datasets in there that new users might be missing because they are looking for the publisher. And that's the only way we might get bug reports on them.

                              Thoughts?
                            • Paul
                              Message 14 of 15 , Aug 3, 2010
                                Hmm, actually I'm looking at the folder now. That actually might have already happened. :)

                                Message 15 of 15 , Aug 3, 2010

                                  We had a good push for that back around 5.12/5.14 IIRC. It takes a Free Data Chimp to put it through
                                  the paces and note any issues. Though it also helps if they have the source to compare what is
                                  supposed to happen vs. what is happening. I think the last part is where we hit a bump. Plus, I
                                  think that unless we've changed the policy, you can't review a set you had a major hand in the
                                  creation of. Which does tend to limit the pool to three or less.

                                  On 8/3/2010 8:45 PM, Paul wrote:
                                  > Hmm, actually I'm looking at the folder now. That actually might have already happened. :)
                                  >
                                  > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul"<nylanfs@...> wrote:
                                  >> I think we need to move everything that was in the Alpha folder before 5.16.1 to the d20ogl folder and take it out of the Alpha stage. There are LOTS of old datasets in there that new users might be missing because they are looking for the publisher. And that's the only way we might get bug reports on them.
                                  >>
                                  >> Thoughts?

                                  > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

                                  Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin