Re: [pcgen] Re: PCGen on WinXP 64-bit

  • Terry FitzSimons
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 29, 2006
      Well I don't know about the 64 bit stuff, but I have a XP Home with SP2
      installed.

      Do you have all of the updates installed? I was having trouble a few
      months back from one of them and it took a few weeks to get a correcting
      update out of them.

      Next you might check and see if the Java is working. Open a DOS box and
      type:

      java -version

      You should get something like:

      java version "1.5.0_06"
      Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_06-b05)
      Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_06-b05, mixed mode, sharing)

      From there the question is how do you start the program. I use the
      C:\Program Files\PcGen\PCGen5101\pcgen.bat but there are some out there
      that uses a bunch of switches to configure the environment.

      I know on the initial startup, there is a box that appears at the top that
      shows things loading, then it appears to hang, but its actually loading the
      Sponsors and Credits pages and they take a while to load.

      Let me know if I can be of help.

      Terry