Equipment Customization

  • pricd2
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 29 1:18 PM
      I'm having some trouble creating custom equipment and getting it to
      display some things.

      Recently I have been working on creating a bracer that gives the
      effects of Haste and a standard bonus to Initiative. The Haste effect
      I have been able to reproduce, but have not been able to add a general
      bonus to Initiative.

      Could anyone give a few hints to point me in the right direction?

      Thanks,
      Don
    • Axel
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 30 2:00 AM
        I think you need something like 'bonus|COMBAT|INITIATIVE|2', it works in 5.8.1

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 30 8:47 PM
          OK, I guess I'm just not catching on. I've right clicked on an item
          and created a custom, added the Type of MAGIC and the effect of Haste.
          When I click on SProp and add bonus|COMBAT|(etc) an error comes up
          saying "cannot use | , or ;"

          Thanks again.
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Axel" <axelmct@...> wrote:

          > I think you need something like 'bonus|COMBAT|INITIATIVE|2', it
          works in 5.8.1

          23/08/2006

        • Axel
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 31 2:20 AM
            It has been a long time since I did it myself, maybe try a comma? Or wait until a Primate can help.

            What version are you using?

            OK, I guess I'm just not catching on. I've right clicked on an item
            and created a custom, added the Type of MAGIC and the effect of Haste.
            When I click on SProp and add bonus|COMBAT|(etc) an error comes up
            saying "cannot use | , or ;"

            Thanks again.
            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Axel" <axelmct@...> wrote:

            > I think you need something like 'bonus|COMBAT|INITIATIVE|2', it
            works in 5.8.1

            23/08/2006

          • Paul Grosse
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 31 3:39 AM
              Some options aren't able to be added via the built in Customizer. You
              would probaby have to edit this file by hand using Notepad (or Textedit
              on a Mac) and add the BONUS:COMBAT|INITIATIVE|2 to the line that your
              custom item is on.

              Paul Grosse