Re: [pcgen] Fire Giant & Haste

  • Jerry Hill
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 28, 2006
      On 8/28/06, David <Papa-DRB@...> wrote:
      > Move: nothing equipped & haste temp bonus applied = 70 (correct)
      >
      > Move: half-plate equipped & haste temp bonus applied = 50 (wrong!,
      > should be 60)

      Are you sure that's wrong? The copy of the SRD that I'm looking at
      [1] says that a creature with speed 70 who is medium encumbered has a
      move of 50.

      I suppose you could read Haste to give to bonus to your current
      movement rate rather than the base rate, but I always assumed it
      increased your base move, and then you reduced it from there based on
      armor or encumbrance.

      1: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/carryingCapacity.htm

      --
      Jerry
    • David
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 28, 2006
        Ah... Yes, that is what I was doing...

        Giant had 30' movement *after* taking armor into account. I then
        increased it by 30'.

        PCGen, obviously, is adding to the base move, then recalculating.

        Is there a 'definitive' answer somewhere? Haste could be read either
        way as it is not specific.

        thanks -- david

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry Hill" <malaclypse2@...> wrote:

        > On 8/28/06, David <Papa-DRB@...> wrote:
        > > Move: nothing equipped & haste temp bonus applied = 70 (correct)
        > >
        > > Move: half-plate equipped & haste temp bonus applied = 50 (wrong!,
        > > should be 60)
        >
        > Are you sure that's wrong? The copy of the SRD that I'm looking at
        > [1] says that a creature with speed 70 who is medium encumbered has
        > move of 50.
        >
        > I suppose you could read Haste to give to bonus to your current
        > movement rate rather than the base rate, but I always assumed it
        > increased your base move, and then you reduced it from there based
        on
        > armor or encumbrance.
        >
        > 1: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/carryingCapacity.htm
        >
        > --
        > Jerry

      • Paul W. King
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 28, 2006
          > Is there a 'definitive' answer somewhere? Haste could be read
          > either way as it is not specific.

          It has always been my impression with movement increases they are applied to your base movement, before such things as encumberance and armor are applied.

          Paul W. King
          PR SB, BoD
        • David
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 28, 2006
            Yea, that makes the most sense to me too.

            thanks all, -- david

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@...>
            wrote:

            > > Is there a 'definitive' answer somewhere? Haste could be read
            > > either way as it is not specific.
            >
            > It has always been my impression with movement increases they are
            applied to your base movement, before such things as encumberance and
            armor are applied.

            > Paul W. King
            > PR SB, BoD

          • Kevin Finley
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 28, 2006
              I don't have a page reference; however, I clearly remember reading that
              enhancement bonuses to speed, such as Haste, apply to base movement.
              Encumbrance is a percentage modifier to base speed.

              http://mail.yahoo.com