Re: [pcgen] Re: PCGen on WinXP 64-bit

  • James Dempsey
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 27, 2006

      It looks like support is limited right now, but try
      http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/install-windows-64.html

      Cheers,
      James Dempsey
      PCGen Code SB

      On 28/08/2006 12:03 PM Dragon Master wrote
      > Can anyone tell me if PCgen will work with winXP 64 bit?
      >
      > It runs - but cant load the SRD files - no error message. Does the java
      > platform need to be 64 bit as well? I am running 32 bit java.
      > Thanks!

    • Terry FitzSimons
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 29, 2006
        Well I don't know about the 64 bit stuff, but I have a XP Home with SP2
        installed.

        Do you have all of the updates installed? I was having trouble a few
        months back from one of them and it took a few weeks to get a correcting
        update out of them.

        Next you might check and see if the Java is working. Open a DOS box and
        type:

        java -version

        You should get something like:

        java version "1.5.0_06"
        Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_06-b05)
        Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_06-b05, mixed mode, sharing)

        From there the question is how do you start the program. I use the
        C:\Program Files\PcGen\PCGen5101\pcgen.bat but there are some out there
        that uses a bunch of switches to configure the environment.

        I know on the initial startup, there is a box that appears at the top that
        shows things loading, then it appears to hang, but its actually loading the
        Sponsors and Credits pages and they take a while to load.

        Let me know if I can be of help.

        Terry