RE: [pcgen] Re: PCGen on WinXP 64-bit

  • Dragon Master
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 27, 2006
      Can anyone tell me if PCgen will work with winXP 64 bit?

      It runs - but cant load the SRD files - no error message. Does the java
      platform need to be 64 bit as well? I am running 32 bit java.
      Thanks!

      From: pcgen@yahoogroups. <mailto:pcgen%40yahoogroups.com> com
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 27, 2006
        Hi,

        It looks like support is limited right now, but try
        http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/install-windows-64.html

        Cheers,
        James Dempsey
        PCGen Code SB

        On 28/08/2006 12:03 PM Dragon Master wrote
        > Can anyone tell me if PCgen will work with winXP 64 bit?
        >
        > It runs - but cant load the SRD files - no error message. Does the java
        > platform need to be 64 bit as well? I am running 32 bit java.
        > Thanks!

      • Terry FitzSimons
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 29, 2006
          Well I don't know about the 64 bit stuff, but I have a XP Home with SP2
          installed.

          Do you have all of the updates installed? I was having trouble a few
          months back from one of them and it took a few weeks to get a correcting
          update out of them.

          Next you might check and see if the Java is working. Open a DOS box and
          type:

          java -version

          You should get something like:

          java version "1.5.0_06"
          Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_06-b05)
          Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_06-b05, mixed mode, sharing)

          From there the question is how do you start the program. I use the
          C:\Program Files\PcGen\PCGen5101\pcgen.bat but there are some out there
          that uses a bunch of switches to configure the environment.

          I know on the initial startup, there is a box that appears at the top that
          shows things loading, then it appears to hang, but its actually loading the
          Sponsors and Credits pages and they take a while to load.

          Let me know if I can be of help.

          Terry