How do you want your custom items named?

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20, 2006
      In the 5.11 line we have new code which gives the data several new options
      to control how equipment modifiers added to equipment changes the name of
      the custom item. Before 5.10 PCGen simply added the name of the EQMOD to the
      end of the item in parentheses.

      A +1 dagger would be named:
      Dagger (+1 (Enhancement to Weapon or Ammunition)/Masterwork)

      We can now set text different than the name and we can control whether it
      appears in parentheses or not, and we can set whether the text appears
      before the name or after outside of parentheses. This means all the
      following variations are possible:

      Dagger (Masterwork/+1)
      Dagger (Masterwork)
      Dagger Masterwork
      Masterwork Dagger
      Dagger (+1)
      Dagger +1
      +1 Dagger

      One thing we will do for sure if configure it so that if your item is
      magically enhanced (gets a PLUS EQMOD) the Masterwork name is removed. Since
      all magic items are required to be masterwork it is redundant and everyone
      I've talked to wants that redundancy removed.

      But as far as the rest of it that's just personal preference. I've set up a
      poll to get a reading on what the majority of the community would prefer.
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)