[DATA BUG] Mage Armor stacking with armor Armor bonuses

  • Ian Homeyard
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 12, 2006
      I noticed this at the game table when a character's AC didn't add up
      properly. Believing I coded something wrong in my campaign .lst files I
      checked them and the RSRD files and found the stacking problem seemed to
      be in the RSRD files.

      Tested with a generic PC in 5.10.1:

      RSRD.pcc only; 1st level human fighter; equip armor (Half plate in this
      case); apply Mage Armor temp bonus and PCGen calculates an armor bonus
      of 11.

      rsrd_spells.lst codes Mage Armor's armor bonus as:
      BONUS:COMBAT|AC|4|TYPE=Armor.REPLACE|PREAPPLY:ANYPC

      rsrd_equip_armorshields.lst codes Half-Plate's bonus as:
      BONUS:COMBAT|AC|7|TYPE=Armor.REPLACE

      The documentation says that REPLACE causes a special sort of stacking,
      which seems to be the problem. Comparing to the Bracers of Armor in
      rsrd_equip_wondrousitems.lst it seems that at least Mage Armor should
      not have a .REPLACE on it.

      As an aside, is there a reason all the shields, bardings, and armors all
      use the .REPLACE tag? I found TYPE=Armor.REPLACE used in the +X magic
      bonuses and the Ironwood (+1) material, but those should be Enhancement
      bonuses to AC. I admit I might be reading the tags wrong, but it looks
      like they're coded as Armor bonuses.

      --
      Ian Homeyard
      ian.homeyard@...