Re: Adding extra domains to a class ?

  • kamppemil
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 5, 2006
      That was my porblem, i couldnt find out where to look :)

      thanks alot.

      - Emil

      > Insert this tag in the class.lst
      >
      > BONUS:DOMAIN|NUMBER|1
      >
      > It should look like this:
      > FooClass <tab> otherFooCode
      >
      > 1 <tab> BONUS:DOMAIN|NUMBER|1
      >
      > For future reference, there is a Documentation feature in the program
      > where you can see the proper tags and their usage. Including a simple 10
      > phase class to learn the basics.
      >
      > Look at the BONUS section, that's where most of your additions take
      > place or you can always look at a class that already has the power using
      > a text editor.
      >
      > Andrew Maitland
      >
      > kamppemil wrote:
      > >

      > > Thanx for the earlier answers. Im now well on my way to create my own stuff.
      > >
      > > My question is now, how do i make it so, that if you take a specific
      > > prestigeclass, you get an
      > > extra domain. No matter what.
      > >
      > > I have noticed, that there is a FEATAUTO so can i use DOMAINAUTO,
      > > because, simply using
      > > DOMAIN doesn't work.
      > >
      > > - Emil

    • JOhnPerry
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 26, 2006
        On a related note, what if the new domain isn't a choice, but rather
        a specific domain? For example, Divine Oracle gives you the Oracle
        domain. Would this just be:

        BONUS:DOMAIN|Oracle

        thanks,
        John

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "kamppemil" <emil@...> wrote:

        > > Insert this tag in the class.lst
        > >
        > > BONUS:DOMAIN|NUMBER|1
        > >
        > > It should look like this:
        > > FooClass <tab> otherFooCode
        > >
        > > 1 <tab> BONUS:DOMAIN|NUMBER|1
        > >
        > > For future reference, there is a Documentation feature in the program
        > > where you can see the proper tags and their usage. Including a
        simple 10
        > > phase class to learn the basics.
        > >
        > > Look at the BONUS section, that's where most of your additions take
        > > place or you can always look at a class that already has the power
        using
        > > a text editor.
        > >
        > > Andrew Maitland
        > >
        > > kamppemil wrote:
        > > >

        > > > Thanx for the earlier answers. Im now well on my way to create
        my own stuff.

        > > > My question is now, how do i make it so, that if you take a specific
        > > > prestigeclass, you get an
        > > > extra domain. No matter what.
        > > >
        > > > I have noticed, that there is a FEATAUTO so can i use DOMAINAUTO,
        > > > because, simply using
        > > > DOMAIN doesn't work.
        > > >
        > > > - Emil

      • Tir Gwaith
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 26, 2006
          See the DOMAIN: tag in the docs. These questions belong on PCGenListFileHelp.

          On 9/26/06, JOhnPerry <john@...> wrote:
          > On a related note, what if the new domain isn't a choice, but rather
          > a specific domain? For example, Divine Oracle gives you the Oracle
          > domain. Would this just be:
          >
          > BONUS:DOMAIN|Oracle

          PCGen LST Chimp
        • JOhnPerry
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 27, 2006
            The pcgen documentation page seems to be down right now, but if I
            remember right, the only example there is BONUS:DOMAIN|NUMBER|1,
            so it doesn't really address this question.

            Let me re-phrase the question more "clearly" so that you might be
            able to answer it.

            Let's say I'm creating a domain called "Misanthropy", and I want to
            add it to the "Maladroit" prestige class that I'm inventing. At
            first level, I want a Maladroit to receive the Misanthropy domain,
            even if it's not one of his deity's domains. Would this work:

            ... BONUS:DOMAIN|Misanthropy ...

            thanks,
            John

            (who read and understood the legal ramifications of this group but
            still asked a stupid question :-)

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 27, 2006
              Yes. Use both tags though on the same line:
              BONUS:DOMAIN|Misanthropy <tab> BONUS:DOMAIN|NUMBER|1
              - Just an FYI this discussion was moved to the PCGen ListHelp group and
              fully detailed explanation.

              Andrew