Adding extra domains to a class ?

  • kamppemil
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 4, 2006
      Thanx for the earlier answers. Im now well on my way to create my own stuff.

      My question is now, how do i make it so, that if you take a specific prestigeclass, you get an
      extra domain. No matter what.

      I have noticed, that there is a FEATAUTO so can i use DOMAINAUTO, because, simply using
      DOMAIN doesn't work.

      - Emil
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 4, 2006
        Insert this tag in the class.lst

        BONUS:DOMAIN|NUMBER|1

        It should look like this:
        FooClass <tab> otherFooCode

        1 <tab> BONUS:DOMAIN|NUMBER|1

        For future reference, there is a Documentation feature in the program
        where you can see the proper tags and their usage. Including a simple 10
        phase class to learn the basics.

        Look at the BONUS section, that's where most of your additions take
        place or you can always look at a class that already has the power using
        a text editor.

        Andrew Maitland

        kamppemil wrote:

        > Thanx for the earlier answers. Im now well on my way to create my own stuff.
        >
        > My question is now, how do i make it so, that if you take a specific
        > prestigeclass, you get an
        > extra domain. No matter what.
        >
        > I have noticed, that there is a FEATAUTO so can i use DOMAINAUTO,
        > because, simply using
        > DOMAIN doesn't work.
        >
        > - Emil

      • kamppemil
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 5, 2006
          That was my porblem, i couldnt find out where to look :)

          thanks alot.

          - Emil

          > Insert this tag in the class.lst
          >
          > BONUS:DOMAIN|NUMBER|1
          >
          > It should look like this:
          > FooClass <tab> otherFooCode
          >
          > 1 <tab> BONUS:DOMAIN|NUMBER|1
          >
          > For future reference, there is a Documentation feature in the program
          > where you can see the proper tags and their usage. Including a simple 10
          > phase class to learn the basics.
          >
          > Look at the BONUS section, that's where most of your additions take
          > place or you can always look at a class that already has the power using
          > a text editor.
          >
          > Andrew Maitland
          >
          > kamppemil wrote:
          > >

          > > Thanx for the earlier answers. Im now well on my way to create my own stuff.
          > >
          > > My question is now, how do i make it so, that if you take a specific
          > > prestigeclass, you get an
          > > extra domain. No matter what.
          > >
          > > I have noticed, that there is a FEATAUTO so can i use DOMAINAUTO,
          > > because, simply using
          > > DOMAIN doesn't work.
          > >
          > > - Emil

        • JOhnPerry
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 26 10:33 AM
            On a related note, what if the new domain isn't a choice, but rather
            a specific domain? For example, Divine Oracle gives you the Oracle
            domain. Would this just be:

            BONUS:DOMAIN|Oracle

            thanks,
            John

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "kamppemil" <emil@...> wrote:

            > > Insert this tag in the class.lst
            > >
            > > BONUS:DOMAIN|NUMBER|1
            > >
            > > It should look like this:
            > > FooClass <tab> otherFooCode
            > >
            > > 1 <tab> BONUS:DOMAIN|NUMBER|1
            > >
            > > For future reference, there is a Documentation feature in the program
            > > where you can see the proper tags and their usage. Including a
            simple 10
            > > phase class to learn the basics.
            > >
            > > Look at the BONUS section, that's where most of your additions take
            > > place or you can always look at a class that already has the power
            using
            > > a text editor.
            > >
            > > Andrew Maitland
            > >
            > > kamppemil wrote:
            > > >

            > > > Thanx for the earlier answers. Im now well on my way to create
            my own stuff.

            > > > My question is now, how do i make it so, that if you take a specific
            > > > prestigeclass, you get an
            > > > extra domain. No matter what.
            > > >
            > > > I have noticed, that there is a FEATAUTO so can i use DOMAINAUTO,
            > > > because, simply using
            > > > DOMAIN doesn't work.
            > > >
            > > > - Emil

          • Tir Gwaith
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 26 3:13 PM
              See the DOMAIN: tag in the docs. These questions belong on PCGenListFileHelp.

              On 9/26/06, JOhnPerry <john@...> wrote:
              > On a related note, what if the new domain isn't a choice, but rather
              > a specific domain? For example, Divine Oracle gives you the Oracle
              > domain. Would this just be:
              >
              > BONUS:DOMAIN|Oracle

              PCGen LST Chimp
            • JOhnPerry
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 27 10:02 AM
                The pcgen documentation page seems to be down right now, but if I
                remember right, the only example there is BONUS:DOMAIN|NUMBER|1,
                so it doesn't really address this question.

                Let me re-phrase the question more "clearly" so that you might be
                able to answer it.

                Let's say I'm creating a domain called "Misanthropy", and I want to
                add it to the "Maladroit" prestige class that I'm inventing. At
                first level, I want a Maladroit to receive the Misanthropy domain,
                even if it's not one of his deity's domains. Would this work:

                ... BONUS:DOMAIN|Misanthropy ...

                thanks,
                John

                (who read and understood the legal ramifications of this group but
                still asked a stupid question :-)

                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 27 10:52 AM
                  Yes. Use both tags though on the same line:
                  BONUS:DOMAIN|Misanthropy <tab> BONUS:DOMAIN|NUMBER|1
                  - Just an FYI this discussion was moved to the PCGen ListHelp group and
                  fully detailed explanation.

                  Andrew