RE: [pcgen] PCGen 5.10.1 Production Released!

  • Eric Beaudoin
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2, 2006
      At 12:30 2006.08.02, Edwin Holley wrote:
      >Just out of curiosity, are their still plans to merge the Alpha stuff back
      >into the core? I remember Eric (sorry no `, American don't ya know)
      >mentioning something about that being talked about. If this is not planned
      >for a while, would it be possible to rename it? It is a little confusing in
      >my opinion. Something like PCGen 5.10.1 Additional Sources, or something.

      AFAIK starting with the 5.11.x branch and the 5.12 release, the alpha will be included and there will no longer be a separate distribution for it.

      √Čric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin
      Release Monkey fighting Real Life(tm)
      >> In space, no one can hear you sleep.
      <mailto:beaudoer@...>
    • theryonstormrune
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 2, 2006
        Well, I'm in the process of creating an ISO image now. Even though
        we projected to have a 5.11 alpha release on the CD, I'm not sure
        about that. No autobuilds for a while on SourceForge.

        I should start burning by tomorrow or, more likely, Friday. (I'm
        still painting figures for GenCon as well.)

        Theryon

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "karianna03" <martijnverburg@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > The PCGen team and their official sponsors Silven Publishing are
        very
        > proud to announce the release of PCGen 5.10.1.
        >
        > This release was essentially a massive bug fix effort (fixing
        issues
        > with 5.10.0). Download and release notes in the usual place (follow
        > the download link on http://sourceforge.net/projects/pcgen/)
        >
        > A huge thanks to our hard working volunteers how have made this
        possible!

        > Extra thanks go to:
        > -------------------
        >
        > James and Eddy for getting the release out under some duress!
        > David (Theryon) who is now going to burn 700 CDs for handouts at
        Gencon!

        > Karianna
        > Chair Monkey

      • James Dempsey
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 3, 2006
          Hi Theryon,

          On 3/08/2006 9:49 AM theryonstormrune wrote
          > Well, I'm in the process of creating an ISO image now. Even though
          > we projected to have a 5.11 alpha release on the CD, I'm not sure
          > about that. No autobuilds for a while on SourceForge.

          I've just manually uploaded the latest autobuild files. The autobuild
          has been having problems posting the files recently, and I am still
          investigating what the issue is.

          James Dempsey
          PCGen Code Gibbon
        • theryonstormrune
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 3, 2006
            Yeah, I saw that there was an autobuild release today.
            Unfortunately, I created an ISO image last night (actually, I made a
            couple until I was happy with the burn). I already copied it out to
            all my machines and started the burns. I have just over 150 done
            (out of 700+). The CD includes 5.8.1 and 5.10.1. (Luckily it's a
            lot faster to burn than to print.)

            Theryon