PCGen 5.10.1 Production Released!

  • karianna03
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2, 2006
      Hi all,

      The PCGen team and their official sponsors Silven Publishing are very
      proud to announce the release of PCGen 5.10.1.

      This release was essentially a massive bug fix effort (fixing issues
      with 5.10.0). Download and release notes in the usual place (follow
      the download link on http://sourceforge.net/projects/pcgen/)

      A huge thanks to our hard working volunteers how have made this possible!

      Extra thanks go to:
      -------------------

      James and Eddy for getting the release out under some duress!
      David (Theryon) who is now going to burn 700 CDs for handouts at Gencon!

      Karianna
      Chair Monkey
    • Edwin Holley
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 2, 2006
        Just out of curiosity, are their still plans to merge the Alpha stuff back
        into the core? I remember Eric (sorry no `, American don't ya know)
        mentioning something about that being talked about. If this is not planned
        for a while, would it be possible to rename it? It is a little confusing in
        my opinion. Something like PCGen 5.10.1 Additional Sources, or something.

        GlassWalkerTheurge

        Windows Installer Monkey

        _____

        <http://sourceforge.net/projects/pcgen/> net/projects/pcgen/)

        A huge thanks to our hard working volunteers how have made this possible!

        Extra thanks go to:
        -------------------

        James and Eddy for getting the release out under some duress!
        David (Theryon) who is now going to burn 700 CDs for handouts at Gencon!

        Karianna
        Chair Monkey

      • Eric Beaudoin
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 2, 2006
          At 12:30 2006.08.02, Edwin Holley wrote:
          >Just out of curiosity, are their still plans to merge the Alpha stuff back
          >into the core? I remember Eric (sorry no `, American don't ya know)
          >mentioning something about that being talked about. If this is not planned
          >for a while, would it be possible to rename it? It is a little confusing in
          >my opinion. Something like PCGen 5.10.1 Additional Sources, or something.

          AFAIK starting with the 5.11.x branch and the 5.12 release, the alpha will be included and there will no longer be a separate distribution for it.

          √Čric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin
          Release Monkey fighting Real Life(tm)
          >> In space, no one can hear you sleep.
          <mailto:beaudoer@...>
        • theryonstormrune
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 2, 2006
            Well, I'm in the process of creating an ISO image now. Even though
            we projected to have a 5.11 alpha release on the CD, I'm not sure
            about that. No autobuilds for a while on SourceForge.

            I should start burning by tomorrow or, more likely, Friday. (I'm
            still painting figures for GenCon as well.)

            Theryon

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "karianna03" <martijnverburg@...>
            wrote:

            > Hi all,
            >
            > The PCGen team and their official sponsors Silven Publishing are
            very
            > proud to announce the release of PCGen 5.10.1.
            >
            > This release was essentially a massive bug fix effort (fixing
            issues
            > with 5.10.0). Download and release notes in the usual place (follow
            > the download link on http://sourceforge.net/projects/pcgen/)
            >
            > A huge thanks to our hard working volunteers how have made this
            possible!

            > Extra thanks go to:
            > -------------------
            >
            > James and Eddy for getting the release out under some duress!
            > David (Theryon) who is now going to burn 700 CDs for handouts at
            Gencon!

            > Karianna
            > Chair Monkey

          • James Dempsey
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 3, 2006
              Hi Theryon,

              On 3/08/2006 9:49 AM theryonstormrune wrote
              > Well, I'm in the process of creating an ISO image now. Even though
              > we projected to have a 5.11 alpha release on the CD, I'm not sure
              > about that. No autobuilds for a while on SourceForge.

              I've just manually uploaded the latest autobuild files. The autobuild
              has been having problems posting the files recently, and I am still
              investigating what the issue is.

              James Dempsey
              PCGen Code Gibbon
            • theryonstormrune
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 3, 2006
                Yeah, I saw that there was an autobuild release today.
                Unfortunately, I created an ISO image last night (actually, I made a
                couple until I was happy with the burn). I already copied it out to
                all my machines and started the burns. I have just over 150 done
                (out of 700+). The CD includes 5.8.1 and 5.10.1. (Luckily it's a
                lot faster to burn than to print.)

                Theryon