Re: [pcgen] Re: Datasets for "Untapped Potential"

  • Tir Gwaith
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 1, 2006
      > I actually asked one of the Authors on a forum if we could put it in
      > PCGen's datasets, his response was "...it's Open Game. Who are we to stop
      > you?"
      >
      > ... does that count as "Permission"?

      Nope. Basically, we need specific permission for the use of PI - the
      name of the set. We could use OGC so long as we didn't call the set
      the same as their book, or use any PI. We make it a point to go
      overboard on our relations with publishers.

      At this point it is best left to the PL team. Paul K?

      PCGen LST Chimp
    • Paul W. King
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 1, 2006
        > Nope. Basically, we need specific permission for the use of PI -
        > the name of the set. We could use OGC so long as we didn't call
        > the set the same as their book, or use any PI. We make it a
        > point to go overboard on our relations with publishers.
        >
        > At this point it is best left to the PL team. Paul K?

        Yeah, either Brian Spurling or I will need to contact them.

        Paul W. King
        PR SB, BoD