Re: [pcgen] Re: Datasets for "Untapped Potential"

  • David M. Bebber
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 31, 2006
      On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 10:23:30 -0500, Paul W. King
      <paulking.rhochi@...> wrote:

      >> Has anyone began a dataset for "Untapped Potential: New Horizons in
      >> Psionics" from by Dreamscarred Press? If so and any help is required,
      >> or if no one has taken it up yet, just let me know how I can help.
      >
      > I've actually never heard of the source or the company. The first step
      > would be to contact them to see if we have their permission to create
      > datasets based upon their material. If we receive the permission, then
      > we can begin doing the dataset.
      >
      > Paul W. King
      > PR SB, BoD

      I actually asked one of the Authors on a forum if we could put it in
      PCGen's datasets, his response was "...it's Open Game. Who are we to stop
      you?"

      ... does that count as "Permission"?

      :D
    • Tir Gwaith
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 1, 2006
        > I actually asked one of the Authors on a forum if we could put it in
        > PCGen's datasets, his response was "...it's Open Game. Who are we to stop
        > you?"
        >
        > ... does that count as "Permission"?

        Nope. Basically, we need specific permission for the use of PI - the
        name of the set. We could use OGC so long as we didn't call the set
        the same as their book, or use any PI. We make it a point to go
        overboard on our relations with publishers.

        At this point it is best left to the PL team. Paul K?

        PCGen LST Chimp
      • Paul W. King
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 1, 2006
          > Nope. Basically, we need specific permission for the use of PI -
          > the name of the set. We could use OGC so long as we didn't call
          > the set the same as their book, or use any PI. We make it a
          > point to go overboard on our relations with publishers.
          >
          > At this point it is best left to the PL team. Paul K?

          Yeah, either Brian Spurling or I will need to contact them.

          Paul W. King
          PR SB, BoD