Re: melee attack bonus question

  • Paul W. King
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2006
      > I've created a gnome cleric and I'm at a loss on the attack bonus.
      > Character chose Martial Wep Prof - Battleaxe. Char has +1 mod from
      > str. PC gen says the char's attack bonus with the battleaxe is
      > +0. Shouldn't it be +2? (+1 from str and +1 from size bonus?)

      From looking at your battle axe, it looks like you didn't get a small
      one for your gnome. You are getting the size penalty for wielding a
      medium weapon. A small battle axe does 1d6.

      Paul W. King
      PR SB, BoD
    • Stefan Radermacher
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 31, 2006
        jasonh4974 wrote:
        > I've created a gnome cleric and I'm at a loss on the attack bonus.
        > Character chose Martial Wep Prof - Battleaxe. Char has +1 mod from
        > str. PC gen says the char's attack bonus with the battleaxe is +0.
        > Shouldn't it be +2? (+1 from str and +1 from size bonus?)

        I'm guessing you equipped a medium-sized battle-axe, thus incurring a -2
        penalty for using a weapon of the wrong size. Try creating a small axe
        with the item customizer and equip that, the bonus should be correct at
        +2 then.

        Regards,
        Stefan.
      • jasonh4974