Re: Datasets for "Untapped Potential"

  • Paul W. King
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 31 8:23 AM
      > Has anyone began a dataset for "Untapped Potential: New Horizons in
      > Psionics" from by Dreamscarred Press? If so and any help is required,
      > or if no one has taken it up yet, just let me know how I can help.

      I've actually never heard of the source or the company. The first step
      would be to contact them to see if we have their permission to create
      datasets based upon their material. If we receive the permission, then
      we can begin doing the dataset.

      Paul W. King
      PR SB, BoD
    • Byngl
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 31 8:55 AM
        Sounds like a fair bit of it is OGC:

        Untapped Potential: New Horizons in Psionics Errata

        http://dreamscarredpress.com/errata/errata_0724.pdf

        Subject to the Product Identity designation above, the following
        portions of Untapped Potential: New Horizons in Psionics are designated
        as Open Game Content: all class advancement tables and Class Features
        in Chapters Two, Three, Five, and Six, the feats in their entirety in
        Chapter Four; the power parameters (range, duration, etc.) and game
        mechanics in Chapter Seven; the psionic items in their entirety with the
        exception of any artifacts in Chapter Eight; all mechanical and game
        statistics for monsters in Chapter 9, and anything contained herein
        which is already Open Game Content by virtue of appearing in the System
        Reference Document or some other Open Game Content source.

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@...>
        wrote:

        > > Has anyone began a dataset for "Untapped Potential: New Horizons
        in
        > > Psionics" from by Dreamscarred Press? If so and any help is
        required,
        > > or if no one has taken it up yet, just let me know how I can help.
        >
        > I've actually never heard of the source or the company. The first
        step
        > would be to contact them to see if we have their permission to create
        > datasets based upon their material. If we receive the permission,
        then
        > we can begin doing the dataset.
        >
        > Paul W. King
        > PR SB, BoD

      • David M. Bebber
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 31 9:14 PM
          On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 10:23:30 -0500, Paul W. King
          <paulking.rhochi@...> wrote:

          >> Has anyone began a dataset for "Untapped Potential: New Horizons in
          >> Psionics" from by Dreamscarred Press? If so and any help is required,
          >> or if no one has taken it up yet, just let me know how I can help.
          >
          > I've actually never heard of the source or the company. The first step
          > would be to contact them to see if we have their permission to create
          > datasets based upon their material. If we receive the permission, then
          > we can begin doing the dataset.
          >
          > Paul W. King
          > PR SB, BoD

          I actually asked one of the Authors on a forum if we could put it in
          PCGen's datasets, his response was "...it's Open Game. Who are we to stop
          you?"

          ... does that count as "Permission"?

          :D
        • Tir Gwaith
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 1, 2006
            > I actually asked one of the Authors on a forum if we could put it in
            > PCGen's datasets, his response was "...it's Open Game. Who are we to stop
            > you?"
            >
            > ... does that count as "Permission"?

            Nope. Basically, we need specific permission for the use of PI - the
            name of the set. We could use OGC so long as we didn't call the set
            the same as their book, or use any PI. We make it a point to go
            overboard on our relations with publishers.

            At this point it is best left to the PL team. Paul K?

            PCGen LST Chimp
          • Paul W. King
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 1, 2006
              > Nope. Basically, we need specific permission for the use of PI -
              > the name of the set. We could use OGC so long as we didn't call
              > the set the same as their book, or use any PI. We make it a
              > point to go overboard on our relations with publishers.
              >
              > At this point it is best left to the PL team. Paul K?

              Yeah, either Brian Spurling or I will need to contact them.

              Paul W. King
              PR SB, BoD