melee attack bonus question

  • jasonh4974
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 30, 2006
      I've created a gnome cleric and I'm at a loss on the attack bonus.
      Character chose Martial Wep Prof - Battleaxe. Char has +1 mod from
      str. PC gen says the char's attack bonus with the battleaxe is +0.
      Shouldn't it be +2? (+1 from str and +1 from size bonus?)

      Race: Gnome
      Player: PLAYER
      Classes: Cleric1
      Hit Points: 9
      Experience: 0 / 1000
      Alignment: Lawful Good
      Vision: Low-light
      Speed: Walk 15 ft.
      Languages: Abyssal, Common, Draconic, Gnome

      Stat Score Mod
      STR 12 (+1)
      DEX 13 (+1)
      CON 12 (+1)
      INT 14 (+2)
      WIS 16 (+3)
      CHA 14 (+2)

      Battleaxe:
      to hit: +0
      damage: 1d8+1
      critical: 20/x3
    • Paul W. King
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 31, 2006
        > I've created a gnome cleric and I'm at a loss on the attack bonus.
        > Character chose Martial Wep Prof - Battleaxe. Char has +1 mod from
        > str. PC gen says the char's attack bonus with the battleaxe is
        > +0. Shouldn't it be +2? (+1 from str and +1 from size bonus?)

        From looking at your battle axe, it looks like you didn't get a small
        one for your gnome. You are getting the size penalty for wielding a
        medium weapon. A small battle axe does 1d6.

        Paul W. King
        PR SB, BoD
      • Stefan Radermacher
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 31, 2006
          jasonh4974 wrote:
          > I've created a gnome cleric and I'm at a loss on the attack bonus.
          > Character chose Martial Wep Prof - Battleaxe. Char has +1 mod from
          > str. PC gen says the char's attack bonus with the battleaxe is +0.
          > Shouldn't it be +2? (+1 from str and +1 from size bonus?)

          I'm guessing you equipped a medium-sized battle-axe, thus incurring a -2
          penalty for using a weapon of the wrong size. Try creating a small axe
          with the item customizer and equip that, the bonus should be correct at
          +2 then.

          Regards,
          Stefan.
        • jasonh4974