[pcgen] Datasets for "Untapped Potential"

  • David M. Bebber
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 30, 2006
      Has anyone began a dataset for "Untapped Potential: New Horizons in
      Psionics" from by Dreamscarred Press? If so and
      any help is required, or if no one has taken it up yet, just let me know
      how I can help.

      -Rageheart
    • Paul W. King
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 31, 2006
        > Has anyone began a dataset for "Untapped Potential: New Horizons in
        > Psionics" from by Dreamscarred Press? If so and any help is required,
        > or if no one has taken it up yet, just let me know how I can help.

        I've actually never heard of the source or the company. The first step
        would be to contact them to see if we have their permission to create
        datasets based upon their material. If we receive the permission, then
        we can begin doing the dataset.

        Paul W. King
        PR SB, BoD
      • Byngl
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 31, 2006
          Sounds like a fair bit of it is OGC:

          Untapped Potential: New Horizons in Psionics Errata

          http://dreamscarredpress.com/errata/errata_0724.pdf

          Subject to the Product Identity designation above, the following
          portions of Untapped Potential: New Horizons in Psionics are designated
          as Open Game Content: all class advancement tables and Class Features
          in Chapters Two, Three, Five, and Six, the feats in their entirety in
          Chapter Four; the power parameters (range, duration, etc.) and game
          mechanics in Chapter Seven; the psionic items in their entirety with the
          exception of any artifacts in Chapter Eight; all mechanical and game
          statistics for monsters in Chapter 9, and anything contained herein
          which is already Open Game Content by virtue of appearing in the System
          Reference Document or some other Open Game Content source.

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@...>
          wrote:

          > > Has anyone began a dataset for "Untapped Potential: New Horizons
          in
          > > Psionics" from by Dreamscarred Press? If so and any help is
          required,
          > > or if no one has taken it up yet, just let me know how I can help.
          >
          > I've actually never heard of the source or the company. The first
          step
          > would be to contact them to see if we have their permission to create
          > datasets based upon their material. If we receive the permission,
          then
          > we can begin doing the dataset.
          >
          > Paul W. King
          > PR SB, BoD

        • David M. Bebber
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 31, 2006
            On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 10:23:30 -0500, Paul W. King
            <paulking.rhochi@...> wrote:

            >> Has anyone began a dataset for "Untapped Potential: New Horizons in
            >> Psionics" from by Dreamscarred Press? If so and any help is required,
            >> or if no one has taken it up yet, just let me know how I can help.
            >
            > I've actually never heard of the source or the company. The first step
            > would be to contact them to see if we have their permission to create
            > datasets based upon their material. If we receive the permission, then
            > we can begin doing the dataset.
            >
            > Paul W. King
            > PR SB, BoD

            I actually asked one of the Authors on a forum if we could put it in
            PCGen's datasets, his response was "...it's Open Game. Who are we to stop
            you?"

            ... does that count as "Permission"?

            :D
          • Tir Gwaith
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 1 9:48 AM
              > I actually asked one of the Authors on a forum if we could put it in
              > PCGen's datasets, his response was "...it's Open Game. Who are we to stop
              > you?"
              >
              > ... does that count as "Permission"?

              Nope. Basically, we need specific permission for the use of PI - the
              name of the set. We could use OGC so long as we didn't call the set
              the same as their book, or use any PI. We make it a point to go
              overboard on our relations with publishers.

              At this point it is best left to the PL team. Paul K?

              PCGen LST Chimp
            • Paul W. King
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 1 10:25 AM
                > Nope. Basically, we need specific permission for the use of PI -
                > the name of the set. We could use OGC so long as we didn't call
                > the set the same as their book, or use any PI. We make it a
                > point to go overboard on our relations with publishers.
                >
                > At this point it is best left to the PL team. Paul K?

                Yeah, either Brian Spurling or I will need to contact them.

                Paul W. King
                PR SB, BoD