Traveller T20 Dataset

  • Nick
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 27, 2006
      Hey guys,

      I've been setting up a small Traveller campaign just to run with me
      Dm'ing and a single player, just to kill some time while my regular
      D&D group has split on an indefinite hiatus. I was thinking about
      spending some time implementing some of the Traveller rules in a PCGen
      lst but I need a bit of help getting started.

      From what I can gather I need to be able to create a new game mode, as
      the actual game rules are slightly different for Traveller than from a
      regular D20 game (two additional attributes etc.) but there is no
      information anywhere how (or if) you can do that. Theres information
      about the files involved, and how to modify them, but not how to get a
      new game mode to even show up as an option in PCGen - do you just add
      a directory?

      Secondly, I have a feeling that the "Prior History" section of
      Traveller character generation and "Service Classes" might be a
      struggle for PCGen. Anyone of you LST Experts who are familiar with
      the ruleset have any idea how difficult those would be to implement?

      Should I even bother, or just go and write a small windows app from
      scratch to do what I need?
    • Tir Gwaith
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 27, 2006
        Join pcgen_experiemental. We have a set-in-progress, but that
        progress died in 2003... It would be great if someone took it up
        again.

        I don't have the source, but I can help with questions on both
        pcgen_experimental and PCGenListFileHelp Y! groups. Other LST experts
        can help you out as well.

        On 7/27/06, Nick <nick.bronson@...> wrote:
        > Hey guys,
        >
        > I've been setting up a small Traveller campaign just to run with me
        > Dm'ing and a single player, just to kill some time while my regular
        > D&D group has split on an indefinite hiatus. I was thinking about
        > spending some time implementing some of the Traveller rules in a PCGen
        > lst but I need a bit of help getting started.
        >
        > From what I can gather I need to be able to create a new game mode, as
        > the actual game rules are slightly different for Traveller than from a
        > regular D20 game (two additional attributes etc.) but there is no
        > information anywhere how (or if) you can do that. Theres information
        > about the files involved, and how to modify them, but not how to get a
        > new game mode to even show up as an option in PCGen - do you just add
        > a directory?
        >
        > Secondly, I have a feeling that the "Prior History" section of
        > Traveller character generation and "Service Classes" might be a
        > struggle for PCGen. Anyone of you LST Experts who are familiar with
        > the ruleset have any idea how difficult those would be to implement?
        >
        > Should I even bother, or just go and write a small windows app from
        > scratch to do what I need?

        PCGen LST Chimp
      • chris
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 27, 2006
          I was part of that... We could not put it out because we could not get
          ahold of the D20 Traveller author...