Cost:0 Feat

  • david allan finch
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 27, 2006

      I wanted to create a /Zero Cost Feat/ "Skill Training" which allows you
      to add a bonus to any skill(*). I discovered in 5.8.1 that if you don't
      have have any feat slots avaible you can't add a zero cost feat.

      Is that a feature or a bug?

      Regards
      DaveF

      (*) I am thinking of allowing a skill training system in my game when I
      restart and looking for the best way to implement it. IE you pay money
      for the "Skill Training" Feat.

    • Terry FitzSimons
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 27, 2006
        I think the default cost of feats is set to 1. If you insert a COST=0 tag
        then its free.

        Terry

        On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 15:16:05 +0100, you wrote:

        >Hi,
        >
        >I wanted to create a /Zero Cost Feat/ "Skill Training" which allows you
        >to add a bonus to any skill(*). I discovered in 5.8.1 that if you don't
        >have have any feat slots avaible you can't add a zero cost feat.
        >
        >Is that a feature or a bug?
        >
        >Regards
        >DaveF
        >
        >(*) I am thinking of allowing a skill training system in my game when I
        >restart and looking for the best way to implement it. IE you pay money
        >for the "Skill Training" Feat.

      • david allan finch
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 28, 2006
          Terry FitzSimons wrote:
          > I think the default cost of feats is set to 1. If you insert a COST=0 tag
          > then its free.

          Thank Terry. The question was answered on PCGenListFileHelp

          I won't forward it here as I really should have know better and not
          posted the question here ;)

          Regards
          DaveF

          --
          / The whole history of this invention has been a struggle
          /\|/\ against time - Charles Babbage 1837 on the Analytical Engine
          \___/ david.allan@... - http://www.ironfort.com