Re: [pcgen] [BUG? or FREQ?] missing tag in lst file

  • Frank Kliewe
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 23, 2006
      On 7/23/06, nb_jason <leblanc_jason@...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > In d20ogl/srd35/monsters/rsdr_races_c_d.lst,
      > the Dwarf subtypes (Deep Dwarves and Duergar)
      > are both missing RACETYPE:Humanoid tags.
      >
      > This doesn't change anything crucial that I
      > know of (I just noticed it when applying
      > filters in the races tab).
      >
      > I posted a data bug item, but I'm not sure
      > whether this is considered a FREQ or BUG.
      > AFAIK, a FREQ would be more like if Deep
      > Dwarves weren't present at all. Am I wrong?
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Jason

      As you can imagine, there have been discussions about this before. The
      current line of thought is that if the tag is there, but its content
      is wrong, then it's a BUG. Since the tag isn't there, this would
      qualify as a FREQ. But that's not a big problem. Thank you for
      reporting this. :)

      Oh, and if you enter a tracker in the future, could you please leave
      the priority at 5? In Data we have assigned a certain meaning to the
      priorities. P3 would mean that the implementation still needs Java
      Code work which hasn't even been spec'ed out, P4 means there is a spec
      but the Java Code hasn't been implemented yet, etc.

      Cheerio,

      Frank Kliewe
      PCGen Content Silverback

      --
      I hadn't seen a body put together like that since I solved the case of
      the Murdered Girl with the Big *CENSORED*.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 23, 2006
        > In d20ogl/srd35/monsters/rsdr_races_c_d.lst,
        > the Dwarf subtypes (Deep Dwarves and Duergar)
        > are both missing RACETYPE:Humanoid tags.
        >
        > This doesn't change anything crucial that I
        > know of (I just noticed it when applying
        > filters in the races tab).

        Bug. We've already gone through and added RACETYPE (at least, I
        _thought_ we did). If we haven't hit most of the races, then it is
        still a FReq.

        This doesn't effect much because Default is Humanoid and a lot is
        still going off the TYPE tag (if no RACETYPE).

        Wasn't that just clear as mud?

        > I posted a data bug item, but I'm not sure
        > whether this is considered a FREQ or BUG.
        > AFAIK, a FREQ would be more like if Deep
        > Dwarves weren't present at all. Am I wrong?

        Assign it to me, and I'll get it taken care of here in the next 12 hours or so.

        Thanks for the report. :D

        PCGen LST Chimp