(Linux) Skills, Tools don't work

  • james_nostack
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 21, 2006
      I'm running PCGen 5.10.0 on a Linux Ubuntu 5.10 operating system. I
      cannot get the Skills tab, or the Gear sub-tab of the equipment
      section, to work. I also can't get the Files, Setting, Tools, etc. to
      work. In each case, I click on the features or tabs, and nothing
      happens after a long wait.

      The rest of the program seems to work okay, though.

      Any thoughts?
    • Paul W. King
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 22, 2006
        What version of java are you using? What datasets do you have loaded? What type of character are you trying to use (alignment,
        race, stats, etc) when you get this problem?

        Paul W. King
        PR SB, BoD

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 22, 2006
          The most common problem when running Linux is using the default Java
          that comes with the distribution. Try downloading Java from
          http://www.java.com

          --
          Steven Gilroy